fishing out of Manasquan

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Salt

Reaction score
Where are all the fishermen and women in the area of the Manasquan River? I used to fish out of Waretown and I'm new to this area, so I'm trying to get caught up on the fishing news.

Go North out of the inlet. Everyone is killing the stripers in long branch. Not so much activity south.

im in manasquan this year. Friday we beat the snot out of the stripers... we limited out pretty quickly and released like 20 more.

go north until you find bait, troll mullet or bunker colored stretch 30s. win.

last week we were trolling around the birds, when we'd get a hit, we'd throw out a diamond jig to the bottom while one fought the fish. we werent even retrievign the other rod...just lettign the plug float to the surface. as soon as the fish got boated, we'd put it in gear so the other lure would work its way down again.

we had more than our fair share of double header releases.

went out yesterday. Headed out towards long branch. The water looked like it was boiling with all the bunker jumping. Snagged a few w/ treble hooks but couldnt find the stripers.

theres a small 1801 parker not far from my marina but so far i'm the only one on beaver dam creek....

where are you all docked? most of the fisherman in my marina sits on 65...looks like this weekend is going to be a blowout anyway

gotta find a project or four to keep me busy...maybe i will wax topsides this weekend

mcyc":wwuc5j4u said:
I am in the point pleasant fishing and yatch club located right inside of the canal.

ahh yes... that place must be a b**ch to get into when the current is honking in there, no?

does your boat take a beating in there from all the wakes?

It isn't too bad getting in there going against the current, it can get a little hairy sometimes. As far as the wakes we are pretty well protected back there.

good to hear there are some Ocean County guys out there My 1801 should be splashed in a couple weeks off Princeton Ave. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get the little projects taken care of. Hope to see you guys out there soon!

Anyone going out tom. morning... Im heading north towards Red church or shrewsbury rocks to do some jigging, and hopefully some catching.

I think everyone with a boat took off Friday. The ocean was packed and the fishing was good :D :D . We were snaging bunker then dropping them to the bottom and the stripers were going crazy. I was south of the inlet in about 60 ft of water. But I heard they ran north in the afternoon. :D

Two weeks ago out of state bunker boats illegaly began dropping nets about 50 yards from shore within 20 feet of everybody fishing. At one point a party boat could not move due to three net boats surrounding him. Anway this seemes to have sped up the striper migration process. Went for fluke to red church and asbury humps w/ nothing then headed back to squan river with not even a bite. Remember the troops today.

Got an early jump this morning, left at 5 am. It paid off, we caught a few keeper fluke and some small. The biggest was 22in and just over 5 lbs. Took the dog out for the first time and he was a pro. All in All it was a great day :D :D

Attachments

• 31653_1340806116301_1115634516_30826314_6348683_n.jpg
    31653_1340806116301_1115634516_30826314_6348683_n.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 283
  • 31653_1340713993998_1115634516_30826159_3385548_n.jpg
    31653_1340713993998_1115634516_30826159_3385548_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 283
I am also out of the Squan, boat name is Dragon Fly... we flyfish only we had a good spring and was hoping to score some BFT on the fly but seems like the BFT didn't come in from the caynons yet due to many factors...

Back