Florida - 2006 2530 DV Newbie Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickt09

Reaction score
Hi everyone -
This is my first post so i appreciate any help. I'm about to purchase a 06 Parker 2530 DV. I'll be coming from a 26 ft CC that weighs HALF of this boat. I recreation fish out of the East Coast of Florida. I typically fish between 20-40 miles offshore (bottom, trolling, drifting) and want the option of making it out to the Bahamas. I have a couple questions that I would appreciate any help with:
1) Does anyone have a similar point of reference to compare the rides between the two boats (Parker vs. 26ft CC @ 3000 lbs? I know people say PH will ride rougher for the various reasons, but that's relative to their point of reference. I'm curious if anyone has one similar to me.
2) It does not appear that the boat i am looking at has raw water, only fresh. Is that possible? If so, has anyone added raw water and at what expense (time and $)?
3) I love this boat b/c of the large fishing deck. At all costs i want to avoid eating up any of that deck space. A livewell is a big need for us. Has anyone built a live well in to the transom, in the corners (left and right of fish box)? There's enough room underneath to fit a small one and i am wondering if anyone has tried building this in to either/both sides to maximize space.
4) Lastly, this boat is in IMMACULATE cosmetic condition. Mechanical appraisal is later this morning. Boat comes with a generator, shore power, solar panel for charging batteries, AC unit. I would need to replace the GPS b/c it is the original, add outriggers, windlass, spotlight, raw water, etc. Boat has 400 hours (twin 150s) on it and all appears in perfect condition. Also, includes trailer. Price is $65,000. Does this sound like a good deal to you all?

I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks everyone!

Appraisal came back and the comment was, "this boat is absolutely brand new. It is unbelievable and there isn't a thing wrong." Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated

Sounds good try to swindle him down and buy it. If I was going to sell my 2530 I probably put it up for $55,000 and it's a 95 with a 2015 motor.

I had one for 8 years, could never get it to run right. Had 200's on it though.

Sold it for 3K lesss than I paid last year.

I would suggest a seatrial before you buy.

Everything else you stated can be added easily.

Where did they put the generator?

Back