Flush Mounting ???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike2043

Reaction score
I am thinking about a flush mount chart plotter. My question is how water tight are these units? I have a walk around with a canvass top that is not always going to be up. My other concern is theft. Should I just stick with a bracket mount that I can take with me each time? What do you guy’s think?

with marine instruments advancing and miniturizing so quickly, I think
bracket mounting makes for alot less headaches in the future. When I
repowered the dealer covered my helm with a thin piece of star board to
install the yammie guages and I've never liked the look of it.

Mike,
I am wrestling with the same dilema you are. I personally think flush mount electronics look clean and are out of the way. Your device should be IPX rated. This rating tells you how water tight it is. If it's somewhat modern I'm sure you are ok. So water should not be a concern.

On the flip side what happens in 6 years when you want to step up to a newer device? Hopefully you can make the same hole work or else you have some fiberglass work to do.

The theft issue has also got me wondering. For me though I feel there are too many things on a boat to steal anyway. They could grab my raydome, engine cowling, etc. Actually the engine cowling has me more concerned. Ever see the price on those up on ebay? WOW. So I guess my vote is that if you are not worried about the big hole in your console then go for it because they are water resistent and there are too many other things to steal on your boat anyway :)

I have flush mounted on my CC without a T-Top and have no problems with visibility at any angle. The only downside I have had was a connection bang loose behind the unit while offshore and had to take the console apart to get to the wire.

Back