flushmounting electronics inside overhead elec. box?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffg

Reaction score
I'm trying to get some ideas for flushmounting my fishfinder and vhf in my overhead electronics box to give it a cleaner look and keep them from getting jostled around so much. The catch is I want to continue to have easy access to the rear plugs and fises without cutting an access hatch to the rear of the box, so it would have to be hinged or something. Anybody done something similar who could post come pics?

Thanks,

Jeff

p.s. picked up the boat and took the over off yesterday. What a good feeling.

I mounted my radio to the inside top of the overhead electronics cabinet. I almost wore out my neck trying to watch fishfinder and GPS when I had them mounted overhead! Never again. The electronics will be jostled more mounted up high than on console.

Do you have the electronics cabinet on top of console? If not, maybe Parker would sell you one. You mentioned access to fuses. Cut out the troublesome inline fuses. Plenty of fused power inside console.

Looking at your old posts, I believe you were looking for a replacement lock for your T-Top. Very likely it was made by Custom Marine Fabrication, NewBern NC. You can "goggle" them.

Thanks, I did get and install a lock last year from perko (good thing too, as my neighbor got his boat raided at the end of last season).

I have the old console with no electronics cabinet--I wish I did as that would really sove my problem, but I think it would be too tough to swap out with the t-top and all. I have the GPS down on the console for navigating which is closer to my line of sight. I actually don't mind having the fishfinder above, but it's a big old heavy furuno 600L and the screws constantly back out from vibration. I prefer the VHF up top as it's right at ear height...

I am just not that creative with starboard, but there must be a way to do it.

Back