Flying American and Classic Parker Flags

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentislandparker

Reaction score
Hello everyone what is a good cheap way to display our flags ? I have rocket launchers or a big roof to put the flag followed by the classic parker one but need some ideas. Would like to go no less than 4 foot high. Thanks for your help in advance.

My flag is mounted to my rocket launcher cockpit floodlight mounting tab.
The bracket is something I picked up at BoatersWorld and modified to suit.

Image-F68B8715333811DC.jpg

Image-F68CAA6A333811DC.jpg

I have not decided on the best way to display the CP burgee just yet.

Kevin, how did you flatten out the end that’s bolted in? I want to do this as well. Thanks.

96TL":2ksg789o said:
Kevin, how did you flatten out the end that’s bolted in? I want to do this as well. Thanks.

The base part that I bought was already flattened and it had mounting holes already punched in it. I think it was meant to be fastened to a vertical wall...

I cut off the excess flat area using the excess piece as backing material, shaped it on a grinder, then bored a 1/4" hole for a stainless mounting bolt and large washers.

Here is what the back side looks like.

Image-B8769B6B053511DA.jpg

Keith, For what it is worth...

I have an old trolling rod that I picked up at a flea market and use as a 'flag staff' for my Tidalfish burgee. The burgee is attached to the rod with zip-ties and can be flown from any rod holder. I might even do the same for my ClassicParker burgee. It would be rather fitting I believe. :D

Kevin, I did some searching online for a base like that and couldn't find one. I even went through a huge Perko catalog. Any idea what company makes it?

That looks awesome on how you did that Megabyte,love how it looks great job!!I need to do it like that!!!

The metal base looks like the bottom support leg from a swim ladder platform thats been cut off. probably check with Garelick or similar manufacturer. Or you local stainless guy cold probably make you one from scrap pretty cheaply.

Ditto ParkerSal's shout out for Bobby (Warthog) although I believe he was ceasing production of the 4 footer which nicely accomodates two burgees...

Attachments

• August2007 122 (Medium).jpg
    August2007 122 (Medium).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 775
Just know any burgee or small flag flying off the bow pulpit WILL block your forward view :shock: ...

Love that pole Ed! :wink:

I think that when Bobby started turning out those poles the demand got to be too much.
He does beautiful work, and I'd love to have one of those 4' poles for my flags...

Actually the demand just stopped.

I have a new system to do the finish work that should speed the process up some. But it's to cold to spray anything right now.

The poles are actually "Spanish Cedar" But I defy you to tell the difference between that and Mahogany.

My favorite Flag after the American Flag.

FlagPole022.jpg

FlagPole019.jpg

FlagPole017.jpg

FlagPole014.jpg

FlagPole015.jpg

FlagPole016.jpg

Bobby... If you decide to make another production run, I believe there is interest here for that.
Just let us know when, and how much. :)

Back