Fold Down rear seats ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Rover

Reaction score
At the Boat Show, the Parker rep said that fold down rear seats like you see on Pursuits and Gradys were becoming available as an accessory....price he quoted was $1200.

Has anyone checked one of these out yet ? For $1200 I hope its really nice. I may take a ride down to Tri-State Marine this wknd and have a look.

Rich

I ordered one with my purchase (per wifey's orders).
They are very sturdy, convienient but a lot of money. I thought two folding deck chairs would do but I was wrong :lol:
dave

I, too, ordered one for my new 2510 XLD. My wife loved it, so how do you argue with spending money on a boat. The seat looked like the one on the Grady. I haven't seen a picture of one anywhere. Linwood was at the NE Boat show and personally gave me a demo of the seat.

Here are pics of the fold down seats that Whitewater Marine installed for me when I bought the boat last year. The pic of the small one on the cabin wall doesnt show it too well.
They are well made andcomfotable. Dont remember exactly what they cost.

Attachments

• CIMG0273 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG0273 (Medium).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 3,959
  • CIMG0281 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG0281 (Medium).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,955
Windy - nice accessories!!! I notice a hint of a tower in one pic. Is that the factory folding tower that Parker offers? If so would you care to post a few more pics of it? Also, the leaning post. that looks interesting too. If you already posted somehwhere else and I missed it, I apologize. Thanks

Bryan

It is the factory tower,but if I had it to do over I would have gotten the cock
pit controls, much better for docking and close quarters manuvering.
The leaning post is mounted on the livewell.

Attachments

• CIMG0280 (Small).JPG
    CIMG0280 (Small).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 3,903
  • CIMG0282 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG0282 (Medium).JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 3,903
  • CIMG0270 (Medium).JPG
    CIMG0270 (Medium).JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,902
Nice boat!!!!!

Let me ask you this, when you fold the tower down does everything go down past the top of the pilot house? Any pics of that? And If you don't mind me asking how much does the factory charge for that option? Sorry for all the questions but I am looking at buying a Parker. Thanks again for the quick reply

Bryan.

Since that pic was taken we added another set of rocket launchers on the cabin top.Cant fold the tower down without taking them off. I dont think it clears the cabin top anyway,but Im not sure.
As far as price goes we negotiated for the boat equipped so I dont have a breakdown of each option.

danielb":ef4px8sr said:
I bought a very nice white plastic bench at Liquidators ($25) and it fits perfectly where your $1200 bench is. It comes apart for storeage too.
I would think a cooler with cushions would be better than that expensive seat.
That's exactly where my 126qt. Igloo w/cushion sits on my XL. With a mat under it it doesn't slide either. That seat is very nice, but I don't have $1200 to spend on it and I'd rather have the cooler/fishbox there. But I'm pretty much strictly a fisherman.

The seat in the photo is very nice, but not the seat being offered by Parker. I saw it at the show and IMHO takes up too much room, open or shut, isn't practical (you get soaked sitting there) and is too expensive. go with the cooler!

Bryan,
I'm new here and just ordered my Parker 25 but I'm having a tower installed as soon as it comes in. I just spoke to the guy that makes them here yesterday and his design is pretty trick. It has a row of rocket launchers mounted on the tower then a second set mounted to the top of the cabin. When the tower folds down the launchers fit between each other like a pair of scissors. I've seen one in person and they are really nice. It also has a bimini top for shade. I'll post some pics when it gets installed but I can forward the info to you if your interested. Randy.

Sure send me the info, I think CA is a little far for me but I would love to see some alternatives.

Thanks

Brian,
Re the bimini shade... How do you get to the rocket-launchers if it is up? Just curious because I wouldn't mind a little shade there.
dave

Back