Foot Cushions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanc2

Reaction score
Any CC owners using foot cushions at the helm? Considering footcush and seadek and wondering any opinions. What size would fit?

I have sea shocks. Seems like it was more durable than either of those products. also more expensive. but i love it and the fact that its firmer because when you hit waves you want to make sure it still has travel.

I used the "Small Helm Station Pad" from Seadek last year. Perfect fit between the console and the livewell on my 1999 21DV.

ThumbHelmStationSm.gif

Overall I'm very happy with the pad. It stayed in place (see notes below on how I installed it) and provided a nice firm cushion without tripping over it.

I ordered it online, one thing I didn't notice before receiving it was that it is a pseudo-permanent install. The entire back of the pad has a high-quality adhesive on it, so basically install it like a giant sticker.

My boat has the inspection port for the fuel tank in the same area, so I had to come up with an alternate installation plan.

One option would have been to cut a hole in the pad. If left as is, this would have left the area on top of the access port uncovered, but it would have been a small 'hole' that I figured would bug me.

Another option was to cut a hole in the pad, and attach the cut out section to the top of the access port. This would have cushioned the whole area, but due to the thicknesses of the materials, it would have created a raised spot that I'd be tripping over.

I ended up with a third option. I shopped around for an indoor/outdoor doormat that was approximately the same thickness as the height above deck of my inspection port. I cut a hole in the mat for the access port, then without removing the backing on the seadek pad, I placed it on top and lined it up so that it was centered. I then took a razor knife and cut the doormat flush with the edge of the seadek pad, then removed the backing from the seadek pad and stuck it to the mat.

This made the seadek pad have a flat surface to stand on and made it easily removable for access to the fuel tank. I was worried about things flying around, but the weight of the mat held it in place, and I never had to touch it for the entire season.

Hope this helps.. I like the pad a lot, and purchased it based on the good reviews it got and the fact that it was relatively firm. I didn't like the idea of tripping over a 2" high section of foam that felt soft but didn't really provide any support.

-- Tom

Sea Shocks. Don't be fooled by the firm feel. It saved my back on the slogs out to Stelwagen! Worth the price!

Thanks Tom. I was curious about the adhesive install as I have the same boat you do and also have the deck plate in front of the livewell.

I would think they would grip the deck without having to attach them - like a bath mat does. I guess the non skid prevents them.

I had ruled out the sea shocks b/c it looks like they come in one size (17 1/4 X 32 1/4) which might be too big for my space.

Boat isn't here so I can't measure.

FYI the Seashock fits perfectly between my console and the baitwell (bottom of my leaning post) on my 23CC Would not think the 21CC space would be any different.

The advantage is that is does NOT need to be attached. It wedges right in there and has a grippy bottom.

Whatever you get, I strongly recommend waiting until you can measure the space where the pad will go. Can't imagince anyting worse than getting one too small and have it slide around or having two levels under you feet between the leaning post and the console.

Thanks Dave. That's good to know. I would think the 21 and 23 DVCC would share the same amount of space between console and livewell.

I will certainly measure prior to ordering though.

I like the thinking that it is not installed so I can just remove it when not in use to keep it clean and out of UV rays. I've also read the best reviews around the Seashock.

Thanks again.

I had the "Footcush" in my 22.2 Aquasport CC and it sure felt nice when the chop was up. I had snaps on mine and fastened them to the deck and when you take it out all you have is 4 small holes that can be filled very easily.

I use the small SeaDek pads on both port and starboard helm positions in the cabin. 3 seasons, no issues. Helps absorb the bumps.

Latest posts

Back