For all you boys that feel under-powered

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Brad

Reaction score
A sneak peek at a 2520XLD with a brand NEW 5.3 liter V-8 Yamaha F350. Before anyone asked I don't have any fuel burn numbers yet. I do know that a pair of 350's on a 32' Regulator was doing 4900 RPM's @ around 42 MPH and getting 1.5-1.6 MPG. Top speed on that Reg. with a pair of F250's is around 42-45 and with the 350's it was 61 MPH. This should make things interesting. Anyone want to bet on how long it takes an 804 LBS 350 HP engine to crack some boat hull's. Capt Brad

Attachments

• F350 003.jpg
    F350 003.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 514
  • F350 005.jpg
    F350 005.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 514
  • F350 006.jpg
    F350 006.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 514
  • F350 011.jpg
    F350 011.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 514
  • F350 010.jpg
    F350 010.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 514
:!: :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Life is great, when you drive a V-8!

Capt Brad":2jvsm12t said:
A sneak peek at a 2520XLD with a brand NEW 5.3 liter V-8 Yamaha F350. Before anyone asked I don't have any fuel burn numbers yet.

Who cares about fuel burn :?:
What's the top speed in that 2520 ! :shock:
YeeHaw! :)

Ughhhhhh ... and no room for the catalytic converter it will need to meet current EU emmission standards ;)

BTW - Ed's Marine is selling 300hp Suzukis now for $17K, see here.

Good morning guys,

Capt Kevin I did not get to run the boat and nobody from Yamaha could give me a WOT. Sorry.

Dale as for Ed's Marine I hope they are not selling 300's and telling people they will be rigged soon because about 65% of the controls are back-ordered with a delivery date of TO BE DETERMINED. We are a dealer for those too. I have 3 pairs sold and sitting with NO CONTROLS. Ed's is bigger than us so maybe they have controls all I know is I don't. I'll post more info as I get it. Wait until next week and I'll post some pics of the new Stamas 340 Tarpon she's the biggest girl you ever wanted to take out! Capt Brad

DaleH said:
BTW - Ed's Marine is selling 300hp Suzukis now for $17K,

quote]

Yep, according to Ed's site, switch your boat, motor, trailer order from Yamaha to Suzuki and SAVE $500.00 plus the 6 year warranty.

According to another site, Bass Pro is trying to unload those $20,000 Verados for $11,000. :shock:

Yamaha is in the 24th year of their big promotion...a quality product at a reasonable price. :wink:

Still working...amazing! :D

Cool!

I wonder if they had to go to a stronger/more weight distributing bracket to handle the weight and hp. It looks different than the standard bracket in the photo.

If the street price of 26k is true... I personally would rather the 300 zuke or 300 verado. Then again I am cheap :p (cool to see others spend the coin though)

These Yami V8's WILL BE TITS when they are available and get the potential bugs worked out.

Zuke has a long way to go before they make a MAJOR penetration in the US market. They need to get that support network in place. Now Yamaha has leap frogged them big time and Suzuki takes the back seat once again.

As stated earlier, the HP or weight of a 300 or 350 HP outboard shoud not be an issue for a 25' Parker hull (or larger).

Meanwhile, I'll chug along with my NEW F250 on a 25 DVSC. The numbers are good, just waiting to get the facts compiled.

Most interesting is the prop I will end up with vs the prop Parker is running. Performance is pretty close, even though my boat is alot heavier. That's a good thing.

To be continued ....

B-Faithful,
The Suzuki 300 with controls will be around $22,000 and the Yamaha F350 with controls will be around $25,500. As far as the Verado keep in mind that the 275 & 300 have got to have 93 Octane or it's just another 250. And yes the bracket is different I'm not sure why, but I would guess that they put in a few angles for more strength or to make sure it doesn't cavitate, it is also a 30" shaft.

P.S. If you would like to buy a F350 for $26,000 I'll have a whole bunch buy the 4th of July. ROAD TRIP?

Have a good day everybody.
Capt Brad

Capt Brad":davb0xr4 said:
B-Faithful,
As far as the Verado keep in mind that the 275 & 300 have got to have 93 Octane or it's just another 250.

Have a good day everybody.
Capt Brad

but...but...the verado is a SYSTEM, not just a motor! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Did you forget?

With verado's power steering, you can run to Bahamas w/o hurting your shoulders. :lol:

bajadude,
Nope not kidding, you have got to have 93 octane or a whole bunch of octane boost. That's why I don't stock them we can't get 93 at our marinas either. Don't get me wrong the Verado is extremely powerful and so smooth you don't even know you put it in gear. Their controls are very impressive and are working very well. In fact in my area all the Cost Guard and FWC boats have gone to Verados. My personal experience with them was a repower of a 36' Cigarette he had Mercury 250XS racing engines and changed to 250 Verados the boat was faster to plane and gained 7 MPH WOT. Just some food for thought. Have a great weekend and remember to practice filet and release at all times. Capt Brad

Anyone else notice the different swim platform/engine bracket? I wonder if the older Parker bracket can handle an upgrade to the 350hp?

804 lbs of motor on a 25 Parker should not be a problem...I have twin F-115s, and they weigh 406 each. I don't even have a spider crack in the gelcoat anywhere on the boat. But...she is ass heavy, and therefore needs bigger tabs. In my case, I added a couple of the Cobra plates to the outboard anti-ventilation plates to add lift.

If Parker is going to hang an F-350 on the back of any boat, they had better go to bigger tabs...I speak from experience.

That bracket looks differant because they had to extend it so that the V8 could tilt clear of the water without the hood hitting the transom (I think).

I've been told that bracketed Parker's don't ride as well as notch transom Parkers, primarily due to porpoising and bad handling in reverse.

If true, that extended platform, plus the weight, could have a detrimental effect.

Comments ??

I'd like to try that V8 on my notch transom 2520DVSC right now .....

I agree with that, Parker won't have a weight problem with the transom, I'm thinking more about all the garbage hulls out there. I won't go into details on that but how long do you think it will take before we all see the question on The Hull Truth about whether or not some idiot can put twin F350's on his 24' Trophy or Sailfish. I didn't measure the braket for length but you are probaly right they lowered the part where the motor mounts so that they didn't have to extend the bracket out farther. I do know the powerhead is not any wider than a 250 that way anyone who wants them can repower without glass work. The only change is a third set of rig bolts right in the middle. Happy Easter everyone, Capt Brad

Can't comment on the notch versus bracket ride quality, but I don't see a lot of porpoising from mine.
If I did, a touch of those 24x9 tabs will correct that problem right away.

Handling in reverse can be a problem.
With the motor down in the neutral position, the propwash hits the transom, sometimes making backing difficult.

The solution is to raise the motor a bit so that the propwash is forced under the hull.
On my 14 degree 2520 MVSC, it doesn't take much motor lift to direct the propwash underneath.

I've often heard people comment that a single bracketed outboard is one of the more difficult boats to maneuver in close quarters (single inboards being another).
I'm not sure how true that is... but with practice, and a little compensation (like lifting the motor a bit), most of us seem to make out pretty well with a little practice. :)

My 2310WA was certainly ass heavy with the F200. And way underpowered. Replaced it with an E Tec 250, gained about 70 HP and lost 80lb on the stern. Now great hole shot and about 7 knots increase on the top end. This with FULL 150 gal fuel (87 RON) and 350# passenger weight. A bit over 33 knots WOT and this is not even out of the 20 hr break in period where the engine recives double oil.
Parkers were designed with two-stroke power in mind. They don't benefit from the extra weight of a 4-stroke with their lower inherent torque. Also, the gas tanks are located too far aft IMO- at least in my boat. 1000lb of gas that far aft will make any boat ass heavy!
A last comment on Sting-Ray/Doel-Fins and similar products. Don't go there! Put one on the F200 in hopes of alleviating ass-heaviness. Worked fine until it busted my cavitation plate from the incredible forces generated... The pics tell the story.

Attachments

• CAV CRACK 1 (Small).jpg
    CAV CRACK 1 (Small).jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 336
  • CAV CRACK 3 (Small).jpg
    CAV CRACK 3 (Small).jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 336
Back