For those that are patriotic...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandMadeRods

Reaction score
An auction was held on one of the online fishing forums for this rod. The money went to taking a bunch of young Marines on a charter fishing trip out of San Diego. 37 men and 1 women eventually went fishing for a day and each one got two shirts, a letter from a youngster thanking them for their service and all their food, beverages and fishing gear was included. Basically, all they had to do was show up. I spent approximately 100 hours building this rod on an original Harnell rod blank (still in plastic). Harnells have been around since 1945 and are no longer made. This rod is 10 feet long, one-piece, fiberglass, rated at 15-30 lbs and is the last known 10 foot Harnell blank around. Hope you enjoy...Randy

Attachments

• Harnell Collage Resize 1.jpg
    Harnell Collage Resize 1.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 249
Randy, great work-man-ship. Maybe one day I will be able to have you make a rod for me. My favorite type of fishing is drifting for flounder on the Chesapeake Bay.

Awesome Fishing Rod Brother! One that I would certainly be proud to own. I would have to keep it in a display case. A great way to support our troops.

Catfish

That is awesome i must say!!!God Bless Our Troops!!!Would def. be interstead in 1 of those!!!

RandMadeRods":489ymka8 said:
I spent approximately 100 hours building this rod ...
Randy:

A big thank you to you for donating your time to benefit those serving our country. I'm going to PM you for your address, I'd like to send you some free CP gear for your dedication.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Dale, you certainly don't need to do that. I have the utmost respect for everyone that has every served and I built that rod because it was my way of giving back (a little). That's the least I could do. Randy.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! :lol: Now thats a rod any red blooded American would be proud to own.

Back