For your entertainment.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazman234

Reaction score
Thread from a Parker owner who had issues with his 2120. I think all will agree that Parker is a stand up company their response to the owner shows

WOW... the thread and video are just terrible. I agree that Parker is doing the right thing here and applaud them for it. Mistakes happen, if you own a business you understand.

That being said, the owner sure seems like he is looking to be internet famous, something tells me he would rather have the youtube clicks then getting the problem fixed. If you purchased a boat with this type of issue, how do you not jump all over the chance to get it fixed at no cost to you... I understand you might not want to miss some fishing time, but come on... you gotta bite the bullet.

For those that can't want to watch the video or read the thread/comments. Parker cap and house is not straight... the Owner made a video complaining about it. Parker offered to repair the boat in NC at their cost, replace the boat from a local dealer, and the Owner rejected both because he wants to get cash instead. Guys a fool.

For anyone reading at Parker... Don't worry about it. Anybody that reads past the headline quickly sees this guy for what he is. You might want to see who at QC signed off on this boat though.

Has the boat for several months and adds all of those "improvements" claiming he knew of the problem a week after delivery. The video with the level where he finds the real problem is a joke. That was obvious from the measurements he took and the bottom of the door.

The owner of the boat is a fool.

It's obvious that he simply want the $$ from Parker and tried to extort Parker for a free radar "for his troubles".

The owner of this boat and I use the same dealership. I have talked to those who have actually been on this boat with a tape measure. The hull, deck, and stringers are plumb. The house amidship is high on one side by almost an inch due to the cap being trimmed unevenly prior to assembly. It settles out as you move forward.

The issue cannot be seen without a tape measure and likewise is impossible to see with coaming bolsters in place. The bottom of the door is the where you see it. This can be mitigated by adjusting the door within the cutout 1/2 inch up on the low side, and a half down on the high side.

Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue. Linwood apologized to the owner for the discrepancy and offered to correct it and asked what he could do to make it up to him. The boat owner requested a radar be purchased and installed by Parker. Linwood agreed.

A week later the boat owner called and demanded both a radar AND a new boat. Linwood agreed to the new boat (dealer stock or custom build) but not to a radar. Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue.

The boat owner refused the offers and threatened to "blast" Parker on the Internet if he didn't get both a radar and new boat.

The boat owner then made good on his threats by disparaging Parker customer service with videos from his Youtube Channel "Out On The Reef" and deleting information favorable to Parker's efforts to help. The boat owner continued to make threatening phone calls to both Parker and the dealer. Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue.

Linwood then instructed the dealer to give the boat owner a complete refund to include taxes and fees. Again the boat owner refused all offers. He stated that in lieu of all offers he was going to keep the boat. That said, the boat owner continues with disparaging remarks towards Parker. Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue.

At this point all offers for remedy are off the table except the offer of a complete refund.

grouperjim":1gx2kos2 said:
The owner of this boat and I use the same dealership. I have talked to those who have actually been on this boat with a tape measure. The hull, deck, and stringers are plumb. The house amidship is high on one side by almost an inch due to the cap being trimmed unevenly prior to assembly. It settles out as you move forward.

The issue cannot be seen without a tape measure and likewise is impossible to see with coaming bolsters in place. The bottom of the door is the where you see it. This can be mitigated by adjusting the door within the cutout 1/2 inch up on the low side, and a half down on the high side.

Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue. Linwood apologized to the owner for the discrepancy and offered to correct it and asked what he could do to make it up to him. The boat owner requested a radar be purchased and installed by Parker. Linwood agreed.

A week later the boat owner called and demanded both a radar AND a new boat. Linwood agreed to the new boat (dealer stock or custom build) but not to a radar. Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue.

The boat owner refused the offers and threatened to "blast" Parker on the Internet if he didn't get both a radar and new boat.

The boat owner then made good on his threats by disparaging Parker customer service with videos from his Youtube Channel "Out On The Reef" and deleting information favorable to Parker's efforts to help. The boat owner continued to make threatening phone calls to both Parker and the dealer. Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue.

Linwood then instructed the dealer to give the boat owner a complete refund to include taxes and fees. Again the boat owner refused all offers. He stated that in lieu of all offers he was going to keep the boat. That said, the boat owner continues with disparaging remarks towards Parker. Keep in mind this is an out of warranty issue.

At this point all offers for remedy are off the table except the offer of a complete refund.

Jim

I have been trying to determine the issue since seeing his original video he made trashing the boat.

When you say the cap was trimmed uneven, do you mean the hull where the cap meets it? I felt like the issue was the cap was jacked up on one side but he was very select on showing what he wanted to represent a "crooked boat".

This guy was not real bright to continue making those "improvements" after discovering this issue and then refusing the more than generous offers. I can see why they would only want to buy it back at this point. He needs to own another brand of boat.

Unleashed":2snd58ta said:
Jim

I have been trying to determine the issue since seeing his original video he made trashing the boat.

When you say the cap was trimmed uneven, do you mean the hull where the cap meets it? I felt like the issue was the cap was jacked up on one side but he was very select on showing what he wanted to represent a "crooked boat".

This guy was not real bright to continue making those "improvements" after discovering this issue and then refusing the more than generous offers. I can see why they would only want to buy it back at this point. He needs to own another brand of boat.

Measurements indicate the hull, stringers and deck are plumb. It appears the cap got trimmed unevenly on one side about an inch. Essentially when the cap was lowered onto the hull in its shoebox fashion it did not seat symmetrically in the area of the PH door.

Owning another brand of boat is probably what those involved are hoping for.

Sounds like my first impression regarding the cap being jacked up is correct if I understand what you are saying.
Should have been an easy fix in the plant.

Thanks

Paul.

Unleashed":1wxuf3s8 said:
Sounds like my first impression regarding the cap being jacked up is correct if I understand what you are saying.

Thanks

Paul.

Hey Paul,

FWIW my new 2320 which is the exact same house as the 2120 had a door and one adjacent window that did not align with he deck or each other. It could have even been the same issue this guy is having. It was a relatively simple fix. It took one afternoon to adjust to my perfection.

If you have watched his Youtube channel you know that he is a fairly handy guy. He knows he can fix the issue. That's why he won't let the boat go. His plan kind of backfired on him. That said, his videos show that he and his wife very happy with the boat. I do wish him the best but then I don't have to deal with him.

I watched his video when it was brought to my attention. What is crazy i had just watched his upgrade videos just before he uploaded the hate video. He contradicts himself by bad talking parker but by calling parker a quality boat maker. Then tells everyone to not buy a parker but does not want to give up his boat. The guy is a full of BS and if you watched that video you could see the BS a mile a way. Ive watched Parker for a long time even before getting my used 2120 and I have seen nothing but High class from parker. I run the facebook group parker boats and Robin has taken time to answer questions that everyone has about the boats. She is on her game and Linwood is lucky to have her as his daughter and in her position. I stand behind the parker brand even when they make a mistake because I know they will fix it and they back their word. I called BS on his youtube video and he took it down. One way opinions don't work Sheers to Parker !!!

grouperjim":366mp9fh said:
Unleashed":366mp9fh said:

Thanks

Paul.

Hey Paul,

FWIW my new 2320 which is the exact same house as the 2120 had a door and one adjacent window that did not align with he deck or each other. It could have even been the same issue this guy is having. It was a relatively simple fix. It took one afternoon to adjust to my perfection.

If you have watched his Youtube channel you know that he is a fairly handy guy. He knows he can fix the issue. That's why he won't let the boat go. His plan kind of backfired on him. That said, his videos show that he and his wife very happy with the boat. I do wish him the best but then I don't have to deal with him.

I bet Linwood wishes he would have taken the money and moved on. Now he is running that boat hard to the islands and calling it defective and crooked while doing so. No doubt he knows it is cosmetic and he wants to be a Parker owner but has to save face with his "followers".

Unleashed":vhna4oy1 said:
I bet Linwood wishes he would have taken the money and moved on. Now he is running that boat hard to the islands and calling it defective and crooked while doing so. No doubt he knows it is cosmetic and he wants to be a Parker owner but has to save face with his "followers".

I do believe the social media aspect of this issue is over with.

Relatively speaking his Youtube channel has a somewhat limited following. He no longer refers to the Parker name or family. As well he has debadged the boat....... but in multiple posts says he is very happy with it.

Back