FORGOT TO REINTRODUCE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAYDAY

Reaction score
I WAS A MEMBER OF THE OLD PILOTHOUSES BOARD AND THIS NEW BOARD IS CHOCK FULL OF GREAT FOLKS, I'M THRILLED TO HAVE YOU ALL AS BROTHER AND SISTER PARKER AFFECTIONADOS.
I KEEP A MAKO 22 CENTER CONSOLE SLIPPED IN ALIMITOS BAY AND IS FOR SALE. CURRENTLY LISTED ON BOATS.COM
WE LIVE IN ORANGE CA. HAVE A COUPLE OF HORSES, GOATS AND A SHEEP, 2 AUSTRAILIAN HEALERS AND 5 SALTWATER FISH.
I AM REBUILDING FROM SCRATCH A 2520MVSC OPEN BACK WITH FULL FACTORY BRACKET. SHE IS A MESS NOW, BEEN SITTING FOR 3 YEARS UNLOVED, HAD TWIN 225 MERCS BUT AM LOOKING TO GO A 250 YAM PROBABLY A USED 2 STROKE EFI TO HOLD DOWN COSTS.
MY LAST 2520DVSC IS NOW THE VESSEL ASST BOAT IN LOS ALIMITOS BAY. EVER SEEN A 2520DVSC WITH A BOW THRUSTER??? YOU HAVE NOW!

Attachments

• My 1st Parker.jpg
    My 1st Parker.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,464
  • Pay Day.jpg
    Pay Day.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,464
Thanks PC
Here is a couple of shots of the old girl.

Attachments

• 91 Parker on Blocks b.JPG
    91 Parker on Blocks b.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 91 Parker on Blocks a.JPG
    91 Parker on Blocks a.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,418
  • 91 Window b (Small).JPG
    91 Window b (Small).JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,416
  • 91 Glass repair b (Small).JPG
    91 Glass repair b (Small).JPG
    38 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 91 Window a (Small).JPG
    91 Window a (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,415
  • 91 Helm a (Small).JPG
    91 Helm a (Small).JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,412
WOW! Cool stuff...

What sort of power did the original Payday have, and did you install the bow thruster?

The 'new' 91 MVSC is of interest to me too. I have a 96 with the open back pilothouse...
But I certainly don't have 450 ponies on mine. :shock: Holy smoke!
I can't imagine that much power on the back of a 14 degree MVSC hull.

I'm always amazed to see all of the different helm designs that Parker has used in the sport cabins over the years.
That one is quite different from the one in my 96.

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

Looks like you also have the opening port-side front window too. 8)
Very nice...

Hi Kevin
I had one of the very few 454 ci motors in my first Parker. The current owner has since refitted with a Yanmar Beautiful Job I might add! He also added the bow thruster and way to many other goodies to mention. It is a really cool boat.
The openback model is undergoing some cosmetic rehabing at the moment. I did not trust the condition of the Mercs and as much as I would like the ponies It was not a sound application from many standpoints. I am looking for a 250 2 stroke Yama II EFI that someone is upgrading to 4 stoke and wants to get rid of. I found one with 104 hrs on it but its a 25in shaft and I need 30in. I'm thinking I may buy it and covert the shaft length but am mulling it over. The window frames Port and Starboard do open but the frames on the inside are junk, if you look closely you can see where the frame has disintegrated around the locking assembly. Not sure what to do about it!
I plan on a complete electrical rewire as well....so you see it's a real party, ecpecially in my pocketbook.
Thanks for your interest and if any one has extra parts for sale let me know.

I don't know about Yamaha, but a 250 Zuke I looked at recently simply had a 5" 'spacer' in it which made a 25" shaft, a 30".
Maybe Yamaha is the same?

Someday (when my money tree blooms), I'd like to replace my windows with a set of the Diamond Sea-Glaze windows
that Parker now uses. 8)
Those windows are sweet.

welcome!!! you got your work cut out for you, but i bet you'll enjy it! 8)

on a different note about the windows, who else thinks that the old parkers with the black framed cabin windows look better than the silver ones? i do :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the new vessel assist owner works at the gas dock. I met him and we started talking about Parkers.
I was a bit envious of the diesel power although it is no longer much of a fisher.
dave

Ken is the owner of Alimitos Bay Marine. It is the fuel dock and where the vessel assist boats are moored. He is a great guy and always willing to lend a hand to be helpful. Any local guys stop and say Hey! He really invested a lot of time and effort into my old 2520 and altho it is not a fisher it is really cool!

PAYDAY":1rb3iwfs said:
Ken is the owner of Alimitos Bay Marine. It is the fuel dock and where the vessel assist boats are moored. He is a great guy and always willing to lend a hand to be helpful. Any local guys stop and say Hey! He really invested a lot of time and effort into my old 2520 and altho it is not a fisher it is really cool!

Ask Ken to log into ClassicParker and share some photos of that sweet boat! :wink:

Back