Forward bilge pump wiring

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRUE BLUE

Reaction score
I just repaired a wire splice on my forward bilge pump and noticed the float switch would not work with the battery switch off. My aft pump does. I was wondering if the boat was wired this way or if something is missing. I was supplied a wiring diagram by Parker that shows both pumps direct wired to the batteries over a 10 amp fuse. I spent a lot of time looking for a wire from the battery in case the previous owner did sometrhing but saw nothing. However this is a 1999 diagram and I have a 97 2520. Anyone have an older boat with both pumps running with battery switch off?

I have a 1999 2520 and mine is wired the same....Rear always hot, forward pump only hot if battery switch is on....
Problem is, water runs to the front of the bilge when sitting at the dock....havent gotten around to fixing that yet, but if I'm expecting a ton of rain, i.e. tropical storm, 'cane, etc, I leave the switch on....just make sure you turn everything off before you leave.
Been that way since new..

Latest posts

Back