Forward Rod Holders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
Hello, I want to put a couple of rod holders up front near the anchor locker. Which angle do think would be best 0 or 15 degree ? Also, has anyone put any in the top of the transom ? I question that one structurally. I know the Parker holders are great quality, but are the Smith or Lee as good ? I assume someone makes the Parkers.

Thanks,

Foggy :)

I did just that last year. I stole the idea from Capt. Gene Quigley's 2501 that was covered in the offshore fishing article in Sportfishing Magazine last fall.

I'm addicted to trolling for tuna and I like to run a 6 rod spread. But because of the limited room on my 23SE, when you get a fish on it can be like a Chinese fire drill trying to clear the lines and get the rigs and setups out of the way.

So I went to my Parker dealer and purchased two of the factory Parker ones and installed them up near the anchor locker. I use them to hold the setups out of the way when fighting a fish. I also installed two rod holders that swivel on the gunnels. I hope the pictures work.

Attachments

• DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 723
  • DSC00046.JPG
    DSC00046.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 723
I don't have the forward seating option so I'm considering permanately mounting a coffin box up front. Just like Capt. Quigley had. I want to have it drain onto the deck so cleanup is a snap.

With the economy in the toilet and gas projected to inch closer to the $4/gallon mark, a new, bigger boat with twins are out for a while.

Thanks Matt,

I saw that 2501 as well. Do you recall what angle you put up front ?

Thanks for the pics !

To be honest I don't. My dealer had two matching ones on the shelf and I drove down and bought them. I'm only using mine to hold rods and setups to get them out of the way when fighting tuna. So what degrees they were did not matter.

I measured the area up front and made a template out of cardboard. I used the template to make sure the holes were symetrical. It doesn't look it in the picture but that is because of where I was standing when I took the picture.

Latest posts

Back