Forward seating/fish box removal?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anyfishVA

Reaction score
I have a '96 21DV center console and I'm considering permanent removal of the forward seating/fish boxes. Reasoning is two-fold; first, I'd rather have an open deck layout with a center-mounted cooler that can be easily removed. Less is more, right? Also, it encourages me to reduce weight by having less space to store unnecessary items. Second, I need to replace a portion of the floor. The forward deck plates were improperly sealed and a soft spot has formed around both. The starboard side is the worst and rot has crept forward and under the box on that side. I planned to replace the floor from the fish box drain holes back to stern of the two deck plates (see poorly drawn red outline in the attached). Before I break out the saw, has anyone done something similar or removed the cap and seen anything on the underside that might be of concern? If so, can you provide pictures or any other words of wisdom? Not sure if I should expect anything other than floor and bulkhead once removed but figured I was in the right place to ask.

Also, first post to this forum. I've gained a lot of information over the last 6 years from the search bar. Thank you all!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-20 141955.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-20 141955.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back