Fuel Filter replacement-Engine Mounted-Yamaha F150 2004

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got_em_on

Reaction score
They came off relatively easy. We placed the red ring back on and also made sure to remove the little black o-ring on the top from the old one and put on the new filter.

The port filter took a little effort to get on and not leak when priming by pumping the bulb. Seems like we had to tighten much more than they were when we took them off.

We cannot get the starboard filter to not leak when priming it by pumping the bulb.

Local dealer said ethanol may have expanded the bulb so it will not seat right. Said to try a new bulb. He was nto sure of exact cost at teh time because he was not in the shop but mentioned $50 or so.

Any tips or ideas?? This was also accidently posted on For Sale or wanted and I could not figure out how to move it.

Thank you

Try leaving the o rings out for a little, as the ethanol evaporates the o ring will shrink again. I have had this happen to me on many small engine carbs, especially on the bowl o ring.

Back