FUEL FLOW MANAGEMENT SYSTEM INSTALLATION

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkiparker23

Reaction score
Is it possible to install a fuel flow mgt. system myself & how do I go about doing this?
I have an outboard engine, 225 Johnson.
Please advise.
Thank you for your time!
Anthony

Anthony:

Overall they're a pretty simple install. In the stern, right after the Racor or Yamaha fuel/water separator, you install the fuel transducer into the fuel line. A wire runs from it all the way up to the dash.

You drill the dash for a 2-1/8" gauge (typically) and install it, wiring it to be ON whenever the ignition is ON. Then the fuel transducer wire you ran up from the stern plugs into the back.

Then you calibrate it by filling the tank, taking it for a run, and then topping off. Say you burned 12 gallon, but the tank only takes 11 ... the system has you input 'what it took' to refill, so as to calibrate itself.

Check out the or Northstar fuel flow meter series, as they're ~$120, see here. Megabyte installed the Navman 2100 series and Northstar bought out Navman, so this is likely the same unit.

NS004551.gif

FWIW, I run Navman (now Northstar) color GPS units and what I LOVE about them (and their fishfinders) is that the 'computer' capability to add a fuel flow meter is installed. So if you need either a GPS or new fishfinder, also check them out. Their GPS units are bulletproof, simple and intuitive to use, and re-draw 3-5X faster than any Garmin unit I've ever used.

Also see:

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=678

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=1175

DaleH,
Thank you for the info.
I'm trying to post a pic of my boat but can't seem to get it right. Can't even get it to set as my avatar.
Can you help with that too? LOL
Thanks again,
Anthony

A Blue water edition!

Thats the only other one I've seen (pics ) of!!!

Did the boat come from florida??

An easier way to calibrate is to purchase a known quantity of fuel in 5 gallon containers. Then set up a rig so you can pour that fuel through the transducer. Do so and when done, reset the "fuel used". :)

Anthony, The transducer install for my Navman 2100 was so simple it was scary.
Cut the fuel line (between the fuel/water separator and the motor) and plug the transducer in.

Image-5C4CB30C4F5411DB.jpg

The only thing that you have to do is to make sure that the transduder is vertical so that the little 'wheel' inside operates properly.

Including the time to bore the hole in my helm, the entire install took me about 60 minutes.

Wicho":qww2l2rq said:
A Blue water edition!

Thats the only other one I've seen (pics ) of!!!

Did the boat come from florida??

Ah yes...! The elusive Bluewater Edition!
Not quite as rare as the Chesapeake Edition though. :D

Image-B8C19720290511DC.jpg

LOOKS LIKE A EASY INSTALL BUT AFTER MY WATER SEPERATOR MY FUEL LINE RUNS DIRECTY TO THE MOTOR WITH REALLY NO SPACE TO MOUNT THE METER VERTICAL.....ANYTHIING I CAN DO???? MAYBE ADD A FOOT OR SO OF FUEL HOSE JUST TO GET IT VERTICAL???

On my Parker 2520 my water/fuel separater had one inlet and one outlet port on each side of the top(base). Like you I had no room to mount the
meter vertically. So I changed the lines to the other side of the
top(base) using the other set of inlet and outlet ports. Installed a
90 degree fitting in the outlet port and vertically connected the
transducer to that.

I HAVE VERY LITTLE ROOM TO WORK THERE BECAUSE BOTH MY BATTERIES ARE THERE....WOULD THE 90 DEGREE FITTING RESTRICT THE FUEL FLOW AT ALL??? I WAS THINKING OF ADDING A PIECE OF HOSE AND JUST USE A COUPLE OF COUPLINGS TO BRING THE HOSE OUT, UP AND BACK TO THE MOTOR..THINK THAT WOULD WORK?

Back