fuel gage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiger 3

Reaction score
I have a 2004 Parker 2120SC with a 100 gal. tank. I am pushing it with a Yamaha 175 two stroke. It seems to me that the Yamaha digital fuel gage is not working properly or is slow to react. It is most always on 1/2 full. When I bring the boat up on plane it will go up to 3/4 then back to 1/2 and stay there. One time the sending unit hung up. I knew that there had to be less than 1/2 tank. I removed the deck plate and tapped on the tank around the sending unit. The gage went down to the last bar and started to flash. I filled the boat and the gage went to full. Maby it is just me being a little gun shi. I didn't use the boat a lot this year and never put more than fifty gals. in at any time. I bought this boat from a Parker dealer as a broakerage boat. The previous owner had all the paper work for the boat except for an owners manual. When I questioned thw dealer about this he said Parker didn't put out a manual with the boat. Is this correct? Also has anyone has trouble with the arms that hold the starboard windshield open. One of mine actually seized up at the nut that you tighten up to hold the windshield open. An email to the factry gave me a response that I had the plastic nut and should go the Parker dealer and purchasre new arms with metal nuts. Don't get me wrong I really like this boat and intend to keep it for many years. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I wish that I would have known of this site sooner.
thanks,

Bob

I never trust the in-tank measuring unit. When up on plane 1/2 of a tank will read full. You have to come down to an idle to get a half-way decent reading. I've got the Yamah fuel consumption meters (one on each engine) that are much more accurage. Can be set for gph on port, starboard, or both. When I've consumed about 100 gal according to the meters, when I top off, it usually takes somewhere between 96-98 gal. Not bad for accuracy, and they are a bit on the conservative side.

Back