Fuel Leak

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I siphoned out about 60 gallons and lifted the trailer as high as possible and I finally have a dry bilge. I'll siphon out the rest when the cars need refilling. I checked all the hoses about a half dozen times for any leaks, and they were all dry. Also I saw no sign of leakage anywhere near the hoses - the bilge under the hoses was dry. The leak was a constant drip for about 2 weeks was out of that limber hole on the starboard side. As for the pressure test I do not have a compressor, I thought maybe I could rig something up but if that's not possible I'll have to get it done by a dealer, or maybe a place that builds marine fuel tanks. Thanks for the tip on the fernco cap, I was wondering what to use to block off those hoses and that looks perfect. Anyone know if rigging a air tight hand pump with a pressure gauge is possible?

You can use a hand pump but.... DO NOT put more than a few psi in the tank. If you do and you don't have a leak you will after.

Get a low reading gauge and see how long it holds pressure or listen for air.

Back