Fuel line size?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size of the OEM fuel hose leading from the gas tank to the bilge mounted Racor? I'm in the middle of installing a stainless Racor bracket, but the OEM fittings are 1/2". The new Racor fittings are 1/4". I'm not sure what size hose barb I need. Thanks guys. 8)

Dom

Also, when I install the pipe fittings to the Racor bracket, can I use teflon tape, or is there a specific type of goop I need to use? Thanks again. :wink:

Ditto - all V6 motors should be using 3/8" fittings for 3/8" ID fuel hose.

I remember reading someplace that you are not to use teflon on gas or oil fittings. I used a sealant from an auto parts store that is made for sealing gas fittings.

Ray

They suggest using Teflon based, non hardening pipe dope. The main reason is so the tape particles don't break off and get stuck in the fuel system. You can use teflon tape if you install it correctly and carefully. I did this project last spring and used the teflon pipe dope. No problems yet.

tefpaste.jpg

Bryan is correct.
You can use teflon tape so long as it does not overlap the end of the threads, as you would typically do in a plumbing install.

Start the tape back a couple of threads so particles don't get torn off and introduced into your fuel system.

Or use teflon pipe dope. :wink:

Back