fuel load

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norsado2

Reaction score
excuse my typing I have a 1987 2520 parker by that other name just finished repainting its been in family since it was new still in awsome shape would like to put larger fuel capacity now has only 65 gal 2stroke merc sucks that up real quick mostly fish in chspk bay out of norfolk would like to put 150/200 gal any help would be great .

thank you
john may

That is likely the earliest So'Wester[\i] by Parker Marine I have ever heard of.

I would contact Parker with hull ID number (HIN) as they might be able to give you the exact layout of the stringer/boxed grid system for THAT hull. Then you should be able to drop a 162-gal tank in the middle like my '92 mod-V 25' cabin model has.

See current post in projects where someone shows pictures of the cockpit deck removed on a '89 model, IIRC.

she is a well built girl my brother-in-laws father bought her new she sat on a lift in lynhaven and has fished that bay relentlesly for years i will send pictures soon to say she is great shape is an understatement they were a no frills boat back then everything easy to get at and work on and the boss took great care of her she was repowered in 2008 and fished till 2010 sat on the lift for abour 8 months after a car wreck left him unable to fish at 87 he called and said get the trailer and take that boat home with you the rest has been great fun fished her hard for strippers the last two season and now the make over

My 1996 2520 MVSC has three tanks.
The main tank is 127 gallons. It also has two wing tanks that are 47 gallons apiece.

When I bought the boat, and before I dropped her in the water, I filled all three tanks.
Big mistake! :shock:

Do you have any idea what 221 gallons of gasoline weighs? At 6.073 pounds per US gallon, that is 1,342.133 pounds!
One thousand, three hundred forty two pounds and change! Over a half a ton!
Needless to say, the boat struggled to even get on plane with that much gas in her belly...

So if you are going to have a tank made, make a realistic assessment of how much gas you really want or need to carry around.
In my case, I only fill the main tank anymore and look forward to the day when I can remove those other two tanks and save some dead weight.

thanks Kevin I already think Iam underpowered withh 200 2 stroke merc next year it gets the bracket and 300 merc 4 stroke

Back