Fuel problem countinues. PART 5

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitesomthing

Reaction score
Hello,
ok here it goes. Well after cleaning out my fuel tank i got rid of water and a bunch of the white crap in the tank. That was back in early JULY, so after burning 300 gallons and changeing the 10 micron filter after the first 80 gallons of fuel burnt i Changed my 10 micron filter for the second time and found it with water in it and MORE OF THE WHITE STUFF. I have used the same land based gas station everytime for fill up since i emptied the tank. So now i have to find out where the water is coming from Boat or Station?
MY BIGGEST QUESTION IS WHERE THE HELL IS THE WHITE STUFF COMING FROM? I UNDERSTAND THE WATER BUT THE WHITE STUFF HAS GOT ME BAFFLED?
Not that ill be using them again, how do i find out if the gas station has fuel problems?
And if its not the fuel station do you have any idea's how water would be getting in from the boat? GAS CAP O-RING? FUEL VENT? ideas welcome.
Im really begining to think that there is something with the Aluminum in the Parker Fuel Tank and ethanol fuel. My other Idea is there might be
a issue with The Ring Free additive and water/fuel combined.

I did hear that Yamaha has changed/ or going to change the in motor fuel filter to a smaller MIcron( 2 micron was the rumor i heard). At least i
can catch the stuff before it hits the VST tank.

My unscientific guess, given the facts you've laid out, would be that your fuel source is the culprit.

We all have the same aluminum fuel tank, fill port, and vents as you do, but we're not having the same issues (at least I'm not).
I use Ringfree, StarTron, StaBil, and use a 10 micron filter...
Again... many of us use these same products.

Which brings me back to the fuel source as being the one item that is different.

I ran a 225-4 for 3 seasons, changed 30 micron filter once a season, no RingFree, never changed filter on front of motor. Last 2 seasons I changed to Yamaha 10 micron filter, run RingFree and still haven't needed to change filter on motor.

I almost always buy "no-name" regular gas from hi-volume highway stations. I did change the fuel fill O-ring this spring as old one had some cracks in it.

So far...so good.

Back