FUEL PUMP FUSE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inTherapy

Reaction score
Good day, Not a Parker issue but....'02 z200txra hpdi continues to blow the 20 amp fuse that runs the fuel pump. The boat will run for 12 or so minutes before the fuse blows. I replaced the entire vst can with a spare I had, then replaced that fuel pump. Not the culprit. some fuel relay maybe? Any thoughts are appreciated. Art

Brent":37uej2fq said:
m2cw is look for a short (cut, exposed wire) along the wires andr connectors

My fuel fump fuse on a 225 is 5 amp.

I have a 225F Yammy which kept blowing the 5 amp fuse for the fuel "feed" pump. It would blow immediately after restart and turned out to be a faulty feed pump. This was in my second season with my 2004 motor. I believe there is a primary fuel pump and a fuel feed pump. Sounds like the primary pump fuse may be blowing with yours. It could be the pump itself as a friend of mine with an '04 just replaced his.

stonebuster":3ugzycw5 said:
Brent":3ugzycw5 said:
m2cw is look for a short (cut, exposed wire) along the wires andr connectors

My fuel fump fuse on a 225 is 5 amp.

I have a 225F Yammy which kept blowing the 5 amp fuse for the fuel "feed" pump. It would blow immediately after restart and turned out to be a faulty feed pump. This was in my second season with my 2004 motor. I believe there is a primary fuel pump and a fuel feed pump. Sounds like the primary pump fuse may be blowing with yours. It could be the pump itself as a friend of mine with an '04 just replaced his.

thanks good info
Which pump was defective? The external low pressure pump mounted near the VST or the high pressure pump inside the VST?

Bought a 2005 2520xl with a F250 yamaha, put on 275 hrs. without any trouble until this late August.
The fuel pump and 5 AMP fuse were replaced prior to my purchase.
I went away for a week or two, then the fuse ( and pump) failed and were replaced under warranty. Low pressure pump $500.00
I then started to use fuel treatment for ethanol.
One week later the fuse, and I'm sure the pump failed again.
The local dealer will replace, and read fuel pressure this time.
They claim if run dry the pump will burn out(short) right away.
Re-routed the primer ball above the deck after the first pump replacement.
The primer ball never gets hard, (unlike my last outboard). Mercury 2 stroke, which I ran hard for 7 years without any trouble.
Any ideas, and or experiences from the Classic Parker/Yamaha group would help!

Reel Job
Pt. Judith

No, I haven't, but that was my thought on the way home.
Pump is shorted, needs replacing, was going to do that, short money, after warrantied pump replaced for the third time Tuesday.
Thank-you!

Reel Job

It might the primer bulb. Some have a check valve, some don't. Is is original or after market? Andy at SIM has a THT vendor forum and very helpful in troubleshooting and sells parts at a discount. Yamaha has diagnostic software which might help. Andy has said the electric low pressure fuel pump located exterior of the VST will burn out if run empty and dirty fuel will shorten its service life

Update on the F250/2005(first year built)
My broker( Boats Inc. in Niantic) told me of only one LP fuel pump replaced.
Called Yamaha this Monday to find if my second LP fuel pump would be covered under warranty.
No, I was told.
Seems that same pump at the same dealer was changed six times, once a year under warranty.
Either the pump and or motor is not designed right, OR there is trouble with fuel tank and/or lines/pickups, etc.
My local Yamaha dealer sent techs, which I meet on board.
They swapped intake pickups, since there is two and replaced ASV, there was a restriction they said, which cleared after changing hose to spare intake.
After finding info about six pumps from Yamaha, I removed the first intake, only to find no screen or obstruction what so ever.
Then removed tank sender ( inch and one half) and inspected tank.
There is a soft layer of material on bottom of tank in some spots, but tank was very clean, otherwise, much more clean than I excepted.
I'm in the process of obtaining a transfer gas pump, and filter to "polish " my own tank.
$250.00 for pump and $50-80 for filter, plus hose.
A little tricky since it's done with diesel, but seldom with gas.
Must be the trouble, otherwise it's the design of the fuel pump.
I'm willing to try it, as this will be my first cost > $500.00 for this problem.
I did use this new boat for months,and about 275 hrs. without a problem.
After first pump I started to use a ethanol treatment.
Very luckly not to get stuck in Stellwagon, the Vineyard, Coxes Ledge, SW Ledge, only trying to leave the berth at Pt.Judith.
Any advise on tank cleaning/polishing/low pressure fuel pumps, or this first year F250 Yamaha would be welcome.
Thanks,
"Reel Job"
Pt.Judith
2520XL/F250/2005

Back