Fuel tank help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chetmorris

Reaction score
I have a 2000 23se that the fuel tank just started leaking. I have a few Weeks before duck season and our guide business begins. I do not want to rip the old tank out without replacing the entire floor even though it is not bad but if I’m already that far in might as well replace the whole thing but we do not have time for that. I am wondering how much space is below deck forward of the bulkhead that holds the original tank in that I could cut a hole without having to pull the console and old tank up so I could put a 30 or 40 gallon tank under the deck/forward of original tank to get me bye. I do not have space for an Above deck 40 gallon tank. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Chetmorris
I have a 23' DV 1995 . The space in front of the gas tank on mine is 29 w x 22 h x 52 l at the top inside , remembering the shape that would be in the bottom. I installed a 24 x 13 deck hatch for access , and a flat plywood bottom, great place for storage, or additional tank/bladder keeping in mind all the negatives which will be pointed out.

Capt. Charles

charlesretired":2w1e0swy said:
Hello Chetmorris
I have a 23' DV 1995 . The space in front of the gas tank on mine is 29 w x 22 h x 52 l at the top inside , remembering the shape that would be in the bottom. I installed a 24 x 13 deck hatch for access , and a flat plywood bottom, great place for storage, or additional tank/bladder keeping in mind all the negatives which will be pointed out.

Capt. Charles

Ok thanks for your reply

Back