Fuel Tanks Leak

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Burns

Reaction score
Recently I have had two friends that have developed fuel tanks leaks on their boats, and heard of another couple boats with leaks. Three of which were leaks in the top of the tanks.

Since one of the boats with leaks in the top of the tank was a 10 year old Parker, my question is, since the tanks are basically inaccessible is there any periodic maintenance that can be done?

is there any periodic maintenance that can be done?

Nope....Just try and keep the moist air out of there by venting that area....There are pix's all over the place here of guys installing snap In /snap Out solar vents in the piehole access's.

John,
I am curious to know the make model of the 10 year old you speak off. My 2501 fuel tank just had a baffle let go. Absolute piss poor craftsmanship on mine. The welds are shoddy.
I called Parker and they no longer use that manufacturer. I wonder why?

Was that an RDS Tank? Holes in any Aluminum tank are caused by crevis corrosion. Water gets trapped between the tank and foam insulation and that is where the little holes form. You see people talk a lot about using coal tar epoxy on new tanks but it the tanks were not foamed in they would never corrode. Sorry to hear about these tank issues. I have replaced one before and it is no fun.

The boat I was taking about is a 2004 23 foot center console

The original manufacturer of the tank was contacted and he is making the new one.

I am having one made locally. Indeed it was foamed in and the corrosion has started.
I am way more surprised a baffle inside let go....

Back