Fuel Vent Cover

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Ronnie

Reaction score
Anybody here have the new cover made out of star board that gets mounted over the fuel vent? (outside the port side)
I'm looking for a picture and or some dimensions so I can make one.
I saw one last dec. on a brand new model when I was down in Virginia for FLW, I should have taken some pics then!
Thanks

You may not need this photo now, but it is in my file so here it is in case you are still interested. Some have replaced this with stainless. I plan to use this one unless it breaks for some reason.

.......Pete

Attachments

• fuel vent 2 (Small).JPG
    fuel vent 2 (Small).JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 723
My Parker dealer gave me one... said Parker was giving them to everyone because of concerns with water entering the original vent.

I would suggest attaching with double sided tape. Otherwise, the first time the hull washes against a dock or piling, the're be 3 holes ripped in it !

I had my dealer replace the 1996 era Perko vents with a new set of stainless Orcas during her winter lay-up.
Interestingly enough, the dealer did not put on the new covers (pictured above) when doing the install. :wink:

You may want to try a ss clam shell over the vent instead of the starboard. I used a 2 inch clam shell. The inner flat rim of the clam shell was slightly smaller then the outside diameter of the flush vent so I wound up using a thick rubber gasket and cutting a slight curve to accomodate the curve of the vent. Worked out fine with no edges to hang up on a dock.

Ray

Back