Fully Equipped 23 SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Bill

Reaction score
My 23 SE has great electronics and needed rod holders and other stuff that help in navigation and fishing, but I like to keep things off the deck if possible when fly fishing or even running. Other than the needed stuff, it is pretty plain.

Thought you guys may enjoy seeing a 23 SE that is so loaded there is very little room to put your feet to stand. Two buds of mine own it together and the one guy would like the boat to look plain like mine. The other guy has loaded the boat to the gills. There is a number of rubber bags loaded with heaters, stoves, survival gear, 600' of cordage, etc., etc. The forward salon has a bean bag chair and adjustable sun screen. This boat also has a full canvas enclosure. These are two great guys but their rig is a running topic of conversation.

Once my bud Terry was admiring Big Fish Bob's Crocks. BFB said, what size do you wear, and pulled a new pair of the proper size out of one of those bags. It is good having these guys along on a road trip.

When we got to the house in Cape Cod last week, the driveway that the owner said was plenty big for two 23' boats had a few shrubbery limbs hanging in the way. I ask BFB if he had any saws on the boat or truck and he gave me a choice of a hack saw, cross cut saw or pruning saw. It is simply amazing what that guy carries.

radar.jpg

parker2.jpg

parker1.jpg

Wild Bill":200coii2 said:
My 23 SE has great electronics and needed rod holders and other stuff that help in navigation and fishing, but I like to keep things off the deck if possible when fly fishing or even running. Other than the needed stuff, it is pretty plain.
The forward salon has a bean bag chair and adjustable sun screen.

The forward adjustable sun screen interests me. Any more details available?

Thanks for the post Bill! I missed it somehow the first time around.

That's one tricked out Parker. :lol:

hakr":1cw5alxo said:
[

The forward adjustable sun screen interests me. Any more details available?

I used to have one just like it for my 23 SE. The shade is called a Pro-Techt Mantis. The concept was good (a folding shade that didn't require a lot of storage space) but it would not stay in position well enough with more than a 10-knot wind or while the boat was underway. I eventually sold mine at a yard sale last spring.

Take a look at a post I submitted a while ago with photos:
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1243&highlight=mantis

That SE looks like a floating hardware store.
Holy Moly.
I am more of a minimalist Feng Shui 23SE owner. Everything must have a place and function. I can get away with that Feng Shui talk because I live in California now. Where dogs eat organic microbiotic and drink only bottled water from glacier fed aquifers.

I am with you FP. You live in a fishing paradise. The fish below was caught in your neck of the woods last week on my not so fully equipped 23 SE. If they ever wanted to rename Cape Cod, they could call it fog city.

cape302.jpg

I have the best of both worlds actually. When the Parker gets shrink wrapped this year I am deep into fall run steelhead on the Trinity River, Sacramento River and Klamath River.

Attachments

• trinitywild .jpg
    trinitywild .jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,097
That stuff will drive me nuts. What's with the flag pole and windsock? I like minimal stuff as well.

Back