Furuno C500 Heading Senser

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
Hi all, does anybody know if this unit can be mounted upside down, the manual and everything I can find says horizontal, but nowhere does it say rite side up or upside down, and the perfect place for me would be upside down, anybody know for sure ?
Thanks,
Craig

Craig,

I made a little V shaped platform that fits down in the bottom of my electronics panel to support my heading sensor. I cut two pieces of ¼” plywood into small triangles that fit into the bottom with a small piece on top the heading sensor screws onto. It fits so well I did not even have to secure it. It just sits down there and never moves. It was actually just to try it to make sure I had no interference issues and it worked so well I just left it as is.

I mounted both of mine (Furuno and Simrad) on a piece of starboard polymer cut to fit on top of my holding tank, which is under the center deck access plate to the port of the helm.

The starboard is screwed in there, easily removable, and the heading sensors connect to it.

It's nice also because it's centerline, right near water level, and not much metal in there to interfere. My heading sensors both work great and surprisingly there's sub 1 degree of deviation between them.

I don't have a pic of this, but could snap one if it would help.

Back