Future of Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
I've heard virtually no chatter since the announcement of the Correct Craft acquisition in mid April. Any info on the upcoming years models or changes?

I can think of so many seemingly low or no cost changes that could be incorporated into the boats during the manufacturing process on the new Parkers I've owned that would make a significant difference in the ownership experience. Let's hope that some make their way to the new models. Thanks

I think they are going the other way.

the quality on my 2019 23 SE is not what it was on my 2012 1801.

1. My 1801 had more stringers under the gunwales, they may not be necessary on the 23SE - However my gunwales crack when I sit on them and it bothers me
2. My steering (at the wheel) feels very stiff and creaks.
3. I HATE the use of cheap stainless screws – they are already rusting.
4. The insert in the console is very cheap plastic and mine already broke.
5. The “glove box” is nowhere near water tight
6. They mount a fuse block in the back of the acrylic panel which needs to be relocated when installing electronics
7. The battery switch has been moved from inside the rear box to the outside and is covered by an incredibly flimsy switch cover – not waterproof.
8. There was a TON of debris (cut out fiberglass, chippings and saw dust) in my bilge.
9. One of my hoses (wash-down – thankfully) popped off while I was on the water
10. The kill switch is mounted in a terrible location and if worn gets tangled in the wheel.
11. Last, if I was being very nitpicky the pedestal is about 6” too far from the console. I’m a tall guy 6’6” and I can’t reach the wheel comfortably while sitting or leaning.

Oh boy that doesn't sound good at all. I sure hope someone from their Marketing team monitors this forum. I'm planning on buying a new 2810 once I get my last kid through school in a few years and was dead set on a Parker, not so sure anymore.

Back