Future Retirement To Mid-Coast Maine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone that happens to be from the Rockland / Camden area of Maine here. I am about to make a purchase of some land that is about 20 minutes from the coast, I am going to build a home on it in about two years. In the mean time I am trying to learn more about the locations and costs that are available in that region of Maine to tie up my boat. I have always had a wet slip down in the Indian River area of Delaware. My preference is to keep her in the water until it gets cold. So if anyone has any recomendations on what I should look for or where I should look for a slip / mooring please let me know. Thanks as always.

can't help with Maine although we go there once a year. Wifes best friend lives in Scarboro. My dad had a place in Ocean View at a camp ground I spent a lot of long week ends in your area. Good luck with your new venture

Greetings:

I once lived just south of there in the Booth Bay -Brunswick area. Gorgeous (but short) summers and autumns; ferocious winters.

From a boating perspective, all I can offer is that it would be very wise to checkout potential moorings and anchorages, because the tides can be huge.

Regards,

Dan

Hey ... I live in Scarborough 8)

As for further North, I have never ventured that far by boat. There is a Parker dealer just South of there. Traffic sucks during the summer months. Nice area though.

Latest posts

Back