G2 repower on a 2520 Parker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wejohns

Reaction score
I have recently repowered with a G2 300 hp on my 04' 2520 Parker. I am having some issues getting it propped correctly. Has anyone else on here done a similar repower and if so what prop did you settle on? My previous power was a G1 250 and I ran a rebel 15 pitch. It gives great performance on the G2 but will break loose on tight turns and hard acceleration.

Hard telling without you providing some rpm and speed specs, but I repowered my 2520 with an Etec 300, prop I settled on was the Thunderbolt QuickSilver 3 x 15 3/4 x 15.

wejohns":3a6dgded said:
I have recently repowered with a G2 300 hp on my 04' 2520 Parker. I am having some issues getting it propped correctly. Has anyone else on here done a similar repower and if so what prop did you settle on? My previous power was a G1 250 and I ran a rebel 15 pitch. It gives great performance on the G2 but will break loose on tight turns and hard acceleration.
Until others reply, check with Ken at Prop Gods. Is it set at correct height ?

B2

Ludicrous40":102qqs2g said:
Hard telling without you providing some rpm and speed specs, but I repowered my 2520 with an Etec 300, prop I settled on was the Thunderbolt QuickSilver 3 x 15 3/4 x 15.

The issue I am having with the rebel is a vibration all throughout the boat. Every latch on the thing rattles like crazy. Previous engine as a G1250 running the rebel prop and it performed great and no vibration at all. Your prop is the exact dimensions of my rebel. I have ran a 4 blade cyclone 15 pitch with substanial less vibration but the performance sucked. With the rebel I turn 5960 WOT with a light load. My main boating outing is diving so the boat is usually loaded very heavy so I think the 15 pitch is correct. WOT speed is 43mph. Cruise is 4400 rpms and 30-31 mph while getting almost 3mpg. I love the performance of the rebel but I can't put up with the vibration. I have been told the RX4 is the prop for the G2s but I am sitting on (2) $500+props and not wanting to speed that or more for another unless I know it will work.
BTW how are you liking the G2?

Back to the dealer.....Borrow another prop....See if that fix's it ?

It gives great performance on the G2 but will break loose on tight turns and hard acceleration.

Sounds like your trimmed to high for the situation.

Cruise is 4400 rpms and 30-31 mph while getting almost 3mpg.

So what is it really?

warthog,
The 4400 rpms and 30-31, cruise at 3mpg is what the instruments is showing. Hopefully soon I will be able to do an actual pencil to paper mpg check.

The trim is showing 7-10% when it breaks free.

kidfreediver, I will try to get some pics on here the first of next week if the seas will lay down anytime soon. The gulf has been wickedly rough all March. I will say the cavitation plate is skimming right on the top of the water at 7-10%trim and from 30-40mph.

'95 2530 med. deadrise.... The absolute best I have seen is 2.8MPG [Suzuki gauge].......But that is not the norm.

'13 DF-300APX Suzuki. 3 X 17 X 16 prop 25MPH @ 4200RPM I'm 7600lbs when the tanks are Full.

Did I mention I hate doing electrical work on a boat that is 2 stroke? Everything in the back always seems to be covered with slouched or spilled 2 stroke oil.

warthog5":2rdtgvak said:
'95 2530 med. deadrise.... The absolute best I have seen is 2.8MPG [Suzuki gauge].......But that is not the norm.

'13 DF-300APX Suzuki. 3 X 17 X 16 prop 25MPH @ 4200RPM I'm 7600lbs when the tanks are Full.

Did I mention I hate doing electrical work on a boat that is 2 stroke? Everything in the back always seems to be covered with slouched or spilled 2 stroke oil.

I have ran many OBs throughout the years with a few 4s but most being 2 strokes. Not sure why you are seeing oil slouched and spill with 2 strokes in the bilge. I have never had an issue with that as my bilge is as clean as any boat you will ever see. My brother has only ran 2s and I have never seen his bilge full of sluoch or spills.

Not sure why you are seeing oil slouched and spill with 2 strokes in the bilge.

Simple.....Pour enough oil and eventually you will spill it. My boat was that way when I bought it.....It had a Yamaha 250 2 stroke on it.

Was so glade to get Rid of that oil tank and free up space also.

I can't get past the Look of a G2......."Rock'em - Sock'em Robot"

warthog5":2k56g62w said:
Not sure why you are seeing oil slouched and spill with 2 strokes in the bilge.

Simple.....Pour enough oil and eventually you will spill it. My boat was that way when I bought it.....It had a Yamaha 250 2 stroke on it.

Was so glade to get Rid of that oil tank and free up space also.

I can't get past the Look of a G2......."Rock'em - Sock'em Robot"

Do like I have always done and either use a long spout funnel or run a fill line up to the gunnels.

Yey my boat had the fill hose....You still spill....It still leaks eventually and ya have a oily funnel to deal with.

Oil is not a problem I also have mine on the gunnel with a fill neck. Never had a problem with oil in the bilge. I do get annoyed though of the skeptical people referring to the two stroke etec engines especial over spilt oil. I kind of wish they pick on something else that has real importance that I could listen to. It's the same song over and over. One thing is certain the etec is a great product.

kidfreediver":25841f1l said:
Oil is not a problem I also have mine on the gunnel with a fill neck. Never had a problem with oil in the bilge. I do get annoyed though of the skeptical people referring to the two stroke etec engines especial over spilt oil. I kind of wish they pick on something else that has real importance that I could listen to. It's the same song over and over. One thing is certain the etec is a great product.

Have you had a chance to run the G2s? That thing is on a different level than any OB I have ever ran. I replaced a G1 250 because I felt it was underpowered. A member of our little dive group runs a 4S 300hp 2015 yami on his 2520. Very little difference if any between the performance of his boat and mine (with the G1). Not the case with the G2 300hp. Unbelievable economy, torque, hole shot, top end. I would also say 30-40% less oil usage to.

wejohns":25xisb2o said:
kidfreediver":25xisb2o said:

Have you had a chance to run the G2s? That thing is on a different level than any OB I have ever ran. I replaced a G1 250 because I felt it was underpowered. A member of our little dive group runs a 4S 300hp 2015 yami on his 2520. Very little difference if any between the performance of his boat and mine (with the G1). Not the case with the G2 300hp. Unbelievable economy, torque, hole shot, top end. I would also say 30-40% less oil usage to.

No I have not.

Wejohns, would you mind posting a picture. Would love to see it on a Parker. When I ever get the opportunity to upgrade it will be an etec. The closest dealer near me, and the best mechanic I know, is a evinrude dealer. I personally believe all of today’s motors are good and couldn’t go wrong with any but when you trust the mechanic and honesty of the business it makes decision much easier. Also, the closest Yamaha or Suzuki dealer is an hour away. Anyway, the new etec look grows on me more every time I see one, and hear one :lol:

I second that notion I keep asking and yet no picture. I'll close these proceedings down if there is not a picture real soon..............[emoji12]

MadGar":3qgpiivk said:
Wejohns, would you mind posting a picture. Would love to see it on a Parker. When I ever get the opportunity to upgrade it will be an etec. The closest dealer near me, and the best mechanic I know, is a evinrude dealer. I personally believe all of today’s motors are good and couldn’t go wrong with any but when you trust the mechanic and honesty of the business it makes decision much easier. Also, the closest Yamaha or Suzuki dealer is an hour away. Anyway, the new etec look grows on me more every time I see one, and hear one :lol:

I was in there today. They have a G1 225hp with 10 year warranty for around $15k + rigging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back