Garmin 2010C Chips

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishAC

Reaction score
Just bought a new boat (well new to me) and it has a Garmin 2010c MFD, but the only chip it came with is a the Cape Cod area. I fish offshore from Brigantine, so whichever chip that may be. I believe it takes the standard Bluechart Chip. If anyone has one to sell or knows where to buy them, I'd appreciate it. I am stumped.

The world map was pretty generic. Brigantine was a rectangle...

I had my father pull the Cape Cod chip that came with the boat and I googled that model number and found the NJ one. The unit isnt listed on the compatibility chart, but I cant see why it wouldnt work, right?

I'll report my luck on Saturday when I get the chip.

Thanks for the help

The 2010 has two slots so you can also install the bathymetric chip to show bottom contour.
I have one in mine... sourced from BOE Marine. :wink:

Megabyte-
I had the bath chip for my raymarine set up in the parker. It was nice to have especially when trolling around lumps and whatnot. You wouldnt have the model number for the chip would you? If the price is right, I'll pick one up.

I am in sort of a dilema right now. I want to upgrade all my electronics either this season or over the winter, so I dont want to put too much money into this system.

Right now I have a Garmin 2010c with sounder and gps and a Raymarine C70 with radar and they are linked via NMEA. My wish list is all Garmin 4210 with all the bells and whistles and autopilot (and if the price is right, add a second screen 4208). Does anyone (BOE, Consumer Marine, ect) put together packages with discounts if buying an entire system?

I'm several thousand miles from my boat right now so I am unable to take a look.
My boat is being stored on land at the BOE Marine lot until I return, so maybe Jim could hop aboard and look.

As for package deals, yes. Jim does that.
Give him a call at his toll free number and he should be able to get you a quote, and make recommendations.
Tell Jim that I sent you.

Thanks Kevin! I will be giving him a call at lunch.
BVI's sound much better than anywhere in the mid atlantic! enjoy.

Latest posts

Back