Garmin 4208 vs. Garmin 545 + Furuno 620?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipstream

Reaction score
Narrowing down the choices for the 23se that's currently hibernating.
Trying to decide between a single 4208 or a combo of the Garmin + Furuno. I've had a chance to play with the 4208 and like the screen and the plotter, the finder seemed pretty good too. Have not had a chance to demos the other two units, but I will soon. They both fit the budget and should handle my needs for short trips to the islands and fishing. Not adding radar now, but possibly in the future.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I've got the 4212 same as yours, just a little bigger display) and the Furuno 620. I love the 4212 and I love the Furuno BUT, I wish I had a bigger fish finder display. I've been tempted to buy the Garmin sounder module so I can get that big display.

The other thing is, depending on where you mount your 4208, you may not be able to see your fish finder as well when fishing.

I like to see what's under the boat when anchored. By mounting my Furuno on the helm dash, I can see it from the back of the boat.

I had previously owned the 4208 and can honestly give it a 10++ rating. :D

The 4208 wasn't replaced. I sold the boat. :(

I bought the boat :D and I have to say the 4208 is a great machine !! GARMIN is "fool" proof.
It's an easy machine to learn, and JC put all the "bells and whistles" in her (radar etc).
My buddy has the Furuno and looks at it with crossed eyes :evil: ! He has no idea how to operate the machine (Furuno isn't as user friendly).
It's useless if you don't know how to effectively operate it.
Kid

I have the 4212...I like the chartplotter and the finder but the radar is useless.
Rick

BoatRick":ktu34sa3 said:
I have the 4212...I like the chartplotter and the finder but the radar is useless.
Rick

:shock: Please explain. Thinking about the gmr18 for my boat :shock:

Back