Garmin 740s adding a second screen

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panga

Reaction score
I have a Garmin740s unit for my main chartplotter/sounder/radar unit in my pilothouse, and am looking now for a new unit for the upper "tuna tower" station. I read someplaces that the 740s is not networkable, then other places that I could put another 740S up top and would be able to see my waypoints from the lower station unit on the upper station unit. That is my main concern is that the waypoints and routes will be available on both screens, the rest of the stuff not to important. Would I need a 740s upto to get this waypoint sharing or could I use a cheaper garmin chartplotter?

thanks

Call Garmin. As said so often on this forum.....they are a wonderful company to do business with. 913-397-8200 or 800-800-1020

I talked with garmin, they said if the 740s is interfaced with a nmea cable, the units could share data, but would have to do so via a data transfer, so if I make a mark on one plotter it wont automatically show up, but if I transfer the data or sync the units I will be all good. I forgot to ask how the new unit would pick up sonar info, if I need a second transducer, anyone know off hand? If not I can all back, they are easy to deal with.

Thanks

Back