garmin fantom radar

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryderpit

Reaction score
looking to install a Garmin Fantom dome radar on my 2520 parker. looks like where I want to install radar mount will be directly above the interior dome light. Anybody have any input on installing a radar dome close to the front of the cabin?

i mounted mine in front of it so the 2 bolts on the arch are out side and the rear bolts are in side . i drill my cable hole and inside cabin rigt where it v's between the windshield the radar itself over hangs the hard top a little bit

THEGAME":2v8s5nap said:
i mounted mine in front of it so the 2 bolts on the arch are out side and the rear bolts are in side . i drill my cable hole and inside cabin rigt where it v's between the windshield the radar itself over hangs the hard top a little bit
The game,
I was looking the other day and thinking about the same location. Do you have any pictures of the install?
Thanks

TimC2520":891r44hd said:
Been a few years now on my install, no problems...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16476&hilit=radar
Thanks for your link it gives me options on my location

I mounted my fantom 24 on the very front of the hump in the roof. I had to do some cutting above the black plastic cover the light and the VHF are mounted to, in order to get to the studs coming through the roof. I made sure to stay within the foot print of the black plastic cover and it was a clean install. I ran the wires through the hump to the rear across the rear and down the cover in the rear starboard side of the cabin just as the cabin and white nav light are run. No exposed wires. The only thing I wish I had done was have a shop vac sucking away the shavings from the jig saw. It would have made the clean up a lot easier.

Antidote":3ki3cc1l said:
I mounted my fantom 24 on the very front of the hump in the roof. I had to do some cutting above the black plastic cover the light and the VHF are mounted to, in order to get to the studs coming through the roof. I made sure to stay within the foot print of the black plastic cover and it was a clean install. I ran the wires through the hump to the rear across the rear and down the cover in the rear starboard side of the cabin just as the cabin and white nav light are run. No exposed wires. The only thing I wish I had done was have a shop vac sucking away the shavings from the jig saw. It would have made the clean up a lot easier.
thank you for the info.

TimC2520":30q31ktk said:

TIM,
how do you like it with out a wedge? im on the fence about putting a wedge under it for when running.

ryderpit":31vy1nao said:
TimC2520":31vy1nao said:

TIM,
how do you like it with out a wedge? im on the fence about putting a wedge under it for when running.

That Battlewagon mount has a 4 degree downward angle built into it already, see below.

https://www.battlewagonmounts.com/shop/ ... angle-6937

I highly recommend either that or a wedge.

ryderpit":2kq9pen8 said:
TimC2520":2kq9pen8 said:

TIM,

I mounted mine flush to the the hump (no wedge) and I am able to pick up wave tops when I'm idling or on plane by adjusting the gain. The only time I have noticed a lack of return was with the bow really high like when coming out of a hole shot without any trim tabs. I have been able to fine tune it and see my wake without too much clutter off the bow. PM your email and I'll send a pic how mine turned out. It's too big for this forum to upload. I have posted some pics on THT under the name Unevensteven also.

Antidote":3tn3ku2v said:
ryderpit":3tn3ku2v said:
TimC2520":3tn3ku2v said:

TIM,

I mounted mine flush to the the hump (no wedge) and I am able to pick up wave tops when I'm idling or on plane by adjusting the gain. The only time I have noticed a lack of return was with the bow really high like when coming out of a hole shot without any trim tabs. I have been able to fine tune it and see my wake without too much clutter off the bow. PM your email and I'll send a pic how mine turned out. It's too big for this forum to upload. I have posted some pics on THT under the name Unevensteven also.
great info I sent you my email address

Don't know if these pics help. Mine is mounted just behind the cabin light just forward of the center line of the roof

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• KIMG0177.jpeg
    KIMG0177.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 467
  • KIMG0175.jpeg
    KIMG0175.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 466
Briand31":i4dddjgr said:
Don't know if these pics help. Mine is mounted just behind the cabin light just forward of the center line of the roof

Yes it helps!
Do you have a wedge under it?

No I do not, I have really never noticed a need for it now that I put 300hp on it, doesn't ride bow up as much as it did when it had a 225hp on it. But probably a small wedge wouldn't hurt it

Briand31":2sg3l46w said:
No I do not, I have really never noticed a need for it now that I put 300hp on it, doesn't ride bow up as much as it did when it had a 225hp on it. But probably a small wedge wouldn't hurt it

great thanks

So what I did was use four nuts and washers at the price of $5.95 verses $160 for a wedge. 1/2” over the 5.5” front to back gives 5 degrees of tilt.

44cc93167640d511e500fe4b2ebc4133.jpg
l

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a mount with light and mount for golight . I mounted it forward of the pilot house . The golight lite the front of the boat so badly it was useless. I remounted it towards the rear and it works great.

Back