Garmin GSD20 ><> GSD22

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Reaction score
I've read pros and cons on the dependability of the GSD22. The cons say the 22 has issues keeping bottom and the software has bugs. Currently I have a GSD20 wired to a 3006c. I am considering moving to the 22 for its digital capability. Does anyone have the GSD22 installed?

i currently have a gsd 22 on my 2530, hooked up to a 3206. it was installed in july and has a tendency to loose the bottom, and when it does it appears to lock up, but in fact if you change the range ( up or down) it will find the bottom again. once i figured this out it was a lot less annoying. this was a new and costly unit/install for me so i complained enough to have a garmin rep visit my boat and their position is that a gsd 22 will not work properly on my 2530 hull. Their remedy was to give me a transom mount transducer (which i have not installed yet).
i think i will install the new and keep the old one to have the "plug and play option"
hope this helps....

goog luck........

Their remedy was to give me a transom mount transducer (which i have not installed yet).

I've reconfigured my installation with a transom mount transducer. Also, I've opted for the speed and temp version since I like to monitor the drift while at anchor. After speaking with a tech at Garmin, coincidentally, they have had other complaints with the in-hull version when used in a Parker hull. Garmin's tech had no explanation for the problem. He did say that the flaw in the system was not the GSD20 and I must assume that would also be true for the 22. After installing the transom mount transducer mine works flawlessly. I would appreciate to hear your findings after installation.

Back