Gas filter replacement on 225F

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebuster

Reaction score
How often are you guys changing the gas filter with the clear bowl on the OB itself. It's a paper filter inside.

Change that one each season.
Change large blue water/separater one every 100 hrs.
The "F" filter was changed by Yamaha dealer last year, I will change that every other season.
I changed the filter in the VST tank this winter.
I'm quessing it was never changed, and needed it.
I'll change that every year, or every other, haven't really decided.
All cost $$$$.
But it's worth a trouble free boating/fishing season to me.
Put 400 hrs. on last year.
First year with used 2520XL/F250 Yamaha. 900 hrs. now
This boat is one of the best/economical fishing platforms there is, for the money.
Hey, it's not a deep vee, I don't want one the way fuel is headed, and I don't want twins either.
Just treat the fuel with ring free and stabil each fill, and change the engine oil and filter every 100 hrs.
I learned the hard way last year with dirty fuel in the bottom of the tank, and no treatment.
Cost me two low pressure fuel pumps, one Yamaha bought, and one I did.
Catch em up,
Reel Job

Bryan 2530":270n9gz8 said:
I have never changed that one, but change the big one every year.

Hi Bryan, I never changed mine until last week on my 04 because the red ring was where it belonged and the bowl looked clean. I had a mechanic down to hook it up to the computer to diagnose a little skip at idle speed underway (@1300rpms) and had him change the filter element while he was there. He told me before we removed it it ought to be done every year and definitely shouldn't go as long as I let it go. When we pulled out the paper filter element, one section of the paper had rotted and there were pieces of it in the gas we dumped out of it. If those pieces pass furthur they can end up in the VST and clog the 2 micron screen in the tank. Don't know if this is my problem yet, but I thought I'd pass this along. Mike

Back