gas leak 225F 2003

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebuster

Reaction score
When I shut off the motor on launch day I had gas steadily dripping from above the injectors. Had it happen a couple of years ago and have been fine until the other day. When I talked to my local Yammy tech two years ago, he told me it was the valve sticking that is supposed to relieve pressure in the fuel line when you shut off motor. I started and shut off the motor several times on launch day and it didn't stick again. Probably from sitting all winter it caused it to happen again. Anyone have a similar problem?

Not on my yammie's but my cousin had something similar happen on a FICT motor, ethanol ate the gasket i the pressure relief valve and it sprayed fuel on the block causing an explosion.

I would change that part out if possible, could be very dangerous.

Thanks for the info, Byran. Your cousin's engine explosion happen when he shut off the motor or underway. Just curious, don't want to fool around with gas leaks and a hot engine. I'll get it checked out. Mike

Explosion happened on startup. But it was a direct injection fict engine.

Still I wouldn't fool around with a gas leak.

Back