Gas Mileage Guestimator

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kevin: where is your fuel filter mounted? mine are mounted on either side of the bilge, right next to the hatch opening. i feel like it might be difficult to get a vertical mounting surface.

from what youre saying, the system is based on simply the flow of fuel through the hose. does it have to be mounted after the filters? if not, im trying to think of a way i could mount just one unit to a single fuel line, to measure my total consumption.

pelagic2530":3ovd5m4q said:
kevin: where is your fuel filter mounted? mine are mounted on either side of the bilge, right next to the hatch opening. i feel like it might be difficult to get a vertical mounting surface.

Same place for me, but I only have one filter.

Image-5C4BFB884F5411DB.jpg

My transducer is mounted vertically against the transom wall and was spliced into the fuel line after the fuel filter, but before the line exits the transom going to the motor.

Image-5C4CB30C4F5411DB.jpg

so you ran your fuel line down to the mounting, then back up? im just wondering because as far as i know without looking at it, my fuel lines run straight back, up and out. do you think it would cause problems to run them down, and then back up and out?

The line you see going into the bottom of the transducer is coming from the fuel filter. The line on the top is going to the motor.
I barely moved the line at all to install the transducer in-line (except to secure it to the transom wall).

Back