Gas Prices we all might need locks on tank!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith FDNY

Reaction score
We are all going to need those gas tank locks with the price gas is going up it will be $5.00 soon here in New York!!!This sucks,there is always a way they get you for these prices!!!

It is really crazy how gas keeps going up and up!!!They dont do crap about it either thats the sad part about it,is going to be like $800 to $1000 to fill up boat soon!!!

Either way they find there ways!!! It really is nutz though how they get away with it!!!

Keith FDNY":1izkkglz said:
It is really crazy how gas keeps going up and up!!!They dont do crap about it either thats the sad part about it,is going to be like $800 to $1000 to fill up boat soon!!!

The "they" is the Fed, and each time they lower the interest rate, the dollar falls against the Euro. So...the oil producers raise the price of crude to offset the falling dollar. So...in a way, yes, they are doing something about it...they are deliberately making it more expensive in order to stop the home mortgage bleeding.

Dave

aka

Porkchunker":3clfcp70 said:
Keith FDNY":3clfcp70 said:

The "they" is the Fed, and each time they lower the interest rate, the dollar falls against the Euro. So...the oil producers raise the price of crude to offset the falling dollar. So...in a way, yes, they are doing something about it...they are deliberately making it more expensive in order to stop the home mortgage bleeding.

Dave

aka

...each time they lower interest rates..... Well, Kinda, but not really. The market sets the price for oil. The producers control the supply. But producers can't control demand. Reduce demand and supply (therefore prices) will take care of themselves.

.....stop the home mortgage bleeding....Partially correct. Lower interest rates make the cost of variable rate financing less expensive, therefore more people can afford their variable rate payment (less defaults) and lower rates encourage spending (ward off a recession). Remember, many people leveraged the equity in their homes to buy their boats, RV's etc.,. However, correlation to higher fuel costs is a stretch. Not sure if you remember the Carter days. 17% interest rates and gas lines a mile long because their was no supply. Can't remember what a gallon of gas was then. Under $1 I think.

Boating has certainly become more expensive. At least, temporarily. Sometimes, you just have to adjust. Instead of a 100 mile trip, you might have to just fish closer in. :(

Fact is, I could fish my Parker 100 yards off my dock and still be a happy man. Better than not having a boat to fish off at all.. :D

TOL,

I'm not an economist...just going from what I've been watching on several Financial TV outlets.

Consistent theme is that the falling dollar is causing the cost of crude to go up and up and up. High cost is starting to cause a fall in demand in the US as people park boats and vehicles and bundle activities into one trip. China and India are still buying increasing amounts of crude for their expanding economies. We are not drilling more, or building new refineries. Not only that, but we are pouring resources into corn-based ethanol which requires more than one gallon of gas to produce one gallon of ethanol, Ethanol actually produces only about 60% of the BTU (energy) of gas, so ethanol is even worse on the energy independence equation. The only folks making out on this fiasco is the corn producers.

Our politicians are screwing us...and we keep re-electing them. We are the dummies. We deserve what we get.

BTW, can you tell me why diesel is now about 60 cents a gallon more expensive than premium? In past years, it is about 10 cents higher than premium in the winter (heating oil) months, and 10 cents lower than regular the other 6-9 months.

Dave

aka

we need a Vigilante like the old Charles Bronson movies.
But instead of going around shooting & killing thugs,
Shoot & kill politicians and oil executives !

Back