Gas tank surprise today

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wejohns

Reaction score
Doing my annual get the boat ready routine and found water in my separator. I decided to pull the sending unit and use a pump to get the water out of the tank. I was looking at the manufacturer tag and it said it was constructed out of .190 aluminum. I work with aluminum and have built 100s of replacement fuel tanks so I know how thick .190 is, and the tank top did not look like .190. Just to be sure since I was looking at it from above and it below the deck I got a caliber and checked and sure enough it is .125. I know this is not on Parker but rather the tank manufacturer. I have built several replacement tanks for Parkers and I have found both sizes used. The ID tag is often unreadable by time the tank goes bad but with the ones I have been able to read this is the first one I have seen mislabeled. My boat is an '04 25'model and the tank man. date was 2/2003 and it still looks to be in good shape. Just hope the bottom looks as good as the top does.

Last edited:
Back