gasoline in the florida keys

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Cibran

Reaction score
yesterday went down to the keys to meet a fellow Classic Parker member (PhilC) and I saw something which caught my eye,More and more gas stations with large huge signs saying Non Ethonal gasoline sold here,I guess someone is thinking clearly,has any one else seen this in their area ??

robert

Yep. Here in the St. Pete area, several marinas are boasting about their ethanol free gas.

Really can't tell how much more expensive it might be over gas with ethanol because the marinas are more expensive than gas stations in the first place.

Not worth the hassle to me to put the boat on a trailer, go get gas, put it back on the lift, so I just buy it at the marinas. Currently about $2.45 for 89.

have found only one gas station (a BP) in St Pete that is ethanol free.........and it happens to be 3 blocks from my house. same price as e10. their sign out front even says "We Are Ethanol Free". but i feel that most FL motorists are clueless as to the advantages of straight gas v. e10 as you see just as many people getting e10 across the street from the BP.

in St Pete, we have been writing to the Governor and Congressman to try to get the mandated 100 percent e10 compliance for 2010 repealed. besides the fact that e10 doesn't produce the HP of straight gas, there is just way too much moisture (and boats) in FL to risk damaging marine fuel systems and engines.

Optimax

Right after you pass that intersection you mentioned there is a BP with a big sign that says we sell ethonal free gas,also as you get into Key Largo there is a small station (cant remember name) its an off brand,they to sell ehtonal free gas,then there is a company who hauls gas to your boat (minimum of 100 Gal.) and will pump it for about 0.25 gal more money.which I find worth it.

I have had my boat now for 3 years,never used ethonal gas in those 3 years,granted I have hunted down the stations and driven out of my way.

Robert

Robert Cibran,
In the 10 years we have lived in the lower keys we have only been past Islamarada a few times. I would suspect they are off brand companies pumping ethanol free fuel. I am going past Key Largo :cry: next week and I will look for the signs.

In the lower keys to Key West there are no signs that I have noticed. I know of a few off brand places on the street that sell ethanol free. Most every marina in the lower keys sells ethanol free fuel. Some are 87 and some are 89.

Capt. Bill,

The BP gas station in Upper Key Largo,the one which is right at the entrance where US 1 meets Card Sound Road (just a little passed intersection) has a large canvas sign that reads we sell ethonal free gas,I assume its at the pumps.

Robert

In Marathon area these marinas have ethanol-free gas:
Burdines
Captain Hook's

I just rented a boat from FishNFun last month, and they insisted I gas up only at those places.

(BTW- I have never had any trouble from running ethanol in my own 90 hp Yamaha 2-stroke.)

Back