Gel Coat match

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhendric

Reaction score
Guys, I searched the threads here and did not find this. I am looking to do some minor repair work on my Parker and am looking for an exact Gel Coat color match. When I work on my Whaler I can get an exact match at www.spectrumcolor.com...they don't do Parker....no way can I mix it myself and be happy with the results...

Any thoughts?

I tried repairing a ding and got pretty close. You can get a pint of Parker gelcoat from you dealer, and it will be an exact match. I didn't because I couldn't get to a dealer in time for the weather window I needed to do the repair in. In hindsight I should have just bought a heat lamp to work outside in the colder weather and waited for the exact Parker gelcoat.

jhendric":spd38jto said:
I am looking to do some minor repair work on my Parker and am looking for an exact Gel Coat color match.
How many ounces do you think you need?

jhendrick (et al)-

The last I knew (from talking with Spectrum directly via phone call), Spectrum didn't have any Parker gelcoat samples from which to make up raw gelcoat or patch paste kits, but they'd be willing to make some up if sent a sample. I have a small 2" core I drilled out of the dash of our Parker for something or another that I keep meaning to send to them, but have never gotten around to it. I have also found Spectrum's patch paste kits to be reeeaaally handy on my Whaler, and now have a couple of screw holes on the Parker I'd like to work over. Wonder if I can still lay my hands on that plug??

The aggravation (and sometimes failed attempts) of trying to match the color isn't worth the pain...go get a pint of OEM Parker gelcoat from your dealer. I've done some gelcoat repairs (recorded here in the projects forum) and have always used the Parker gelcoat. Result has been impossible to see.

Back