Gel Coat Repair using Preval Sprayer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a gel coat repair using a Preval Sprayer? I read some good treads on gel coat repair but none that I could find using the Preval. Thanks

Thanks for the link Brent. I did the repair and it came out ok. Using the Preval sprayer can be a bit tricky. I used all of the info I found on this site and others but I still got the orange peel effect. I wet sanded the gelcoat but I found that trying to get it perfectly smooth with the surrounding surfaces, I was starting to see the filler come through. But the job is done and now it's time to launch and go fishing! Thanks again.
Bob

Glad it worked for you!

Preventing and Repairing Orange Peel
Proper preparation is the way to ensure best results when applying a new layer of gel coat. The surface to be coated must be very clean, completely free of any wax, smooth and well-sanded. Gel coat can also be sanded once it has cured, which reduces orange peel. Properly thinning the gel coat will prevent orange peel as well. In addition, many companies sell additives that can be mixed into gel coat to help create a smooth, even finish without undesired texture. If gel coat is applied using a spray gun, a suction spray gun creates less orange peel than a gravity spray gun.

Latest posts

Back