Going to repower

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Replacing the 2000 EFI 225 Merc on the 2320 this year with a new motor. Love the boat but not satisfied with the 22 mph cruise at 1.3 mpg. I know the boat is rated for a 250, would go up with no problem is it worth going to a 300? Merc has the 250 Opti, not interested in a Verado, the new light weight Yamaha 4 stroke or the Sk 300. Give me your opinion Randy

I just put a new (2008) Yamaha F250 on my boat, got a great deal and a 6 year warranty.

I've got a 2520

The new Yamaha's seem nice but I don't think anyone has enough hours on one yet to determine if they are going to last long and have low maintainence.

I'd call dealers by you and see if they bought up any of the left over F250's you can get a great deal now. they only weigh 60 lbs more than the new style.

Capt Brian

Buddy of mine had a '05 (?) Opti, and even at trolling speed, that thing was loud.

If I were re-powering today, the new Yamaha 300 Offshore really gets my attention. I'd love to own one.
But... as Capt Brian said, you might be able to get a left over F250 for considerably less.

Tough decision.

Latest posts

Back