Good news, Bad news

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plastikosmd

Reaction score
Good news: The boat has been splashed

Bad news: My props were upgraded from stainless steel to brand new black painted aluminum and in order to lighten one side of my boat the same person thought to remove one of my trim tabs, breaking the actuator shaft.

Sad part is, I couldnt remember if the parker 25 was hydraulic or electric driven tabs. Anywone know?....lookin at around 1k+ for props and 300 or so for the tab/actuator. May have to replace the opposite if sold in pairs.

TABS: I don't recall when Parker settled on Lenco electric tabs as the ones thu install, but I know I posted it years ago ... If any boat model 2000 or newer, I'd bet they're Lencos.

PROPS: Switching SS props to aluminum, even if new, isn't really an upgrade. But, as lkng as you turn the right RPMs (no more than 200 RPMs off maximum), you should be OK.

My post was mostly in jest. I am pissed about the theft of 2 props and a tab. The marina where the boat was stored in locked storage doesnt seem to care even though they think it must have been an 'inside' job. I lifted the motors out of the water and looked back and thought, "wow, did they paint my props along with the bottom?" I had been use to seeing the shine of the stainless props and noted the 'switch' quickly. Further inspection revealed the missing tab. Why they dropped my boat in with a missing tab without telling me is beyond me, unless that is who was involved.

A police report was filed and insurance claim sent. I have a line on 2 replacement props but the tab is what will hold up fishing. Now I also have to get the boat re-hauled to boot.

plastikosmd":6yhhwcad said:
My post was mostly in jest. I am pissed about the theft of 2 props and a tab.
OMG, I'm so sorry! I did not detect the sarcasm ... that's terrible even without the callous response from the marina!

Back