Good Raw water washdown pump replacement?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afitzray

Reaction score
What are the specs on the factory raw water pump? And for a replacement, would you use the same again or go for more gpm?

My pump is thoroughly dead and unrecognizable due to corrosion (see pic for comic value). I have a separate baitwell pump so this is for dedicated washdown but I do need something that works with the extra 1/2” port on the baitwell pump.

ThanksDDEBDC5A-224F-4EB7-8E18-688BDA80A582.jpeg

What are the specs on the factory raw water pump? And for a replacement, would you use the same again or go for more gpm?

My pump is thoroughly dead and unrecognizable due to corrosion (see pic for comic value). I have a separate baitwell pump so this is for dedicated washdown but I do need something that works with the extra 1/2” port on the baitwell pump.

ThanksView attachment 32370
Wow... I have have never seen a pump like this that has not been submerged in sea-water...

Last edited:
Not entirely sure. The boat sat for four years before I picked it up but it was on a trailer. I’ve spoken to people that worked on the boat and know it’s story, so I know it was never submerged. The fresh water pump is still surprisingly in good shape. The last four or five years before it was parked it was only used for diving so I think they possibly only used the fresh water and didn’t have much use for the raw water so just let that pump sit and rot.

Not a lot of experience with the Jabsco- opinions seems to be mixed across the popular internet forums. I've had a lot of experience with the Shurflo Blaster series- and they have proven durable over the years....

IcyAtlantic....I have to laugh at your statement...Boat manufactures have Bean Counters...Bean Counters are Cheap Bastards...They install Sure Flow.....aka "No Flow"!
I've never seen a Sure Flow pump last longer than 2yrs..... Max.

Jabsco Hotshot 6GPM @ 70PSI is what I install for a Kick ass pump that will knock the squid juice off the deck. This is the middle model in the Hotshot line up.

However...I just learned something on a smaller boat that I installed one on and had to down size. This was due to the small [can't stick my finger in intake]

It would not allow enough water to flow and made the pump surge. This boat was a small 19ft skiff.

I'm all about the Shurflos. I've had great luck with them. I've seen nothing but problems with the Jabscos rusting out and breaking shafts. Had a buddy that would have to hot swap his Jabsco bait pumps every other trip until he finally went to a Shurflo. The bait pump issue he had isn't exactly apples to apples, but I'm running two Shurflo bilge pumps, a Shurflo Bait Sentry, and a Shurflo Pro Blaster all with good results. Haven't had a failure since I switched to them a couple years ago.

My local store had a Jabsco for the washdown so I went that route. They didn't have any replacement Bait pumps in stock so I ordered the same model I have now as the replacement - Shurflo Sentry. I was surprised that the existing Sentry that's original to the boat is still working- I'm just replacing it because it looks so rough and I wouldn't bet on how much longer it might continue to work. But check out the manufacture date: March 2006!
1646221939393.png

Ice Atlantic.....You have been Lucky

There are proper ways to mount the pumps.........and Improper ways also.

Mounted vertical....On a bulkhead....Not Flat on a deck area.

When you mount it vertical....Motor at top......hose connections at bottom.

warthog5, I think you might be referring to my pump in the picture? I don't think IcyAtlantic has posted anything to show how his pumps are mounted. Mine was/is mounted vertical on the transom, just the photo rotated when I uploaded it. Thanks for looking out though

Back