Got a little carried away.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely Beautiful!! :D :D :D

The interior of your boat reminds me of that "room" which, as a kid, my mom would not allow me to go in to. It was perfect and I was not allowed to go in and mess it up!!!

Good Job!

Seaotter, the words have already been spoken but I would like to chime in also. I feel for you, as I think everyone here would be furious if something like that happened to our boats. You have obviously taken a bad situation and made the best of it. Your thought and workmanship shows the love you have for boating. My hats off to you, you have created a thing of beauty and I don’t know anyone that would not be proud to be at the helm. Congratulations and happy boating.

Me too Richard.
I'd love to have a floor like that in my boat. 8)

I was talking to my wife about how if we are ever fortunate enough to move up to a 28' in a few years, I'll probably just order one with the cabin empty and start from scratch. I just wish I had more time to actually spend on the water. I see more of the boat on this computer screen then I do in person!

I went to the 250. Not much of a change from the 225 but it sure was nice to start over with the 6 year warranty. As far as the flooring goes, I did a lot of homework and took a number of things into consideration for the floor. There are a lot of different options out there. This is the product I chose:

http://www.defender.com

Some of the reasons I chose this were the durability of the product, the un-eveness of the floor, maintenance, head clearance in the cabin, ease of installation, cost.

I will tell you that this is some very heavy duty stuff and is used extensively in boats and the marine enviornment. I have been pleased with the outcome :)

I can not get the product page to load correctly but if you go to www.defender.com enter the product number 400614 in the product search field.

Nice!!

From the look of your pictures I thought you used the pre-made panels for the floor. I have see the vinly stuff used on Shipshape TV but never in person.

Yours looks great. Did you have to seam it anywhere??

Bryan,

I only had to seam it way over on the starboard side toward the back because the roll size is 72" wide. It seamed together perfectly and you can not even tell it is there. It is concealed by the cooler in any event. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the adhesive is some wicked stuff. It is messy and you have to apply it to both the deck and the underside of the flooring which is suprisingly heavy. once it is down, it's a bear to get it back up if you make a mistake. I made sure everything fit first and then started at the front and worked my way back.

Latest posts

Back