Got Awlgrip?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltyfish

Reaction score
Is there any downside to a boat with awlgrip paint on the sides? The boat has orig gelcoat (unpainted) bottom.

How about if I want to keep the boat in the water (e.g. warm sound-Ocracoke) for 1-2 weeks?

Also have heard you don't wax awlgrip.

THANKS

No down side that I can think of.
Like Imron, you don't have to wax Awlgrip, but it sure does make it pretty. :)

The down side is if you s ranch the boat the gelcote will show , not a big deal on a Parker painted a light color but it is on a boat painted a darker color it shows up big
The awl grip makes a soap and a sealer awl wash and awl care for there paint and I have used a 3m product called perfect it it is a 1200 grit compound it cleans up the paint great cut it with water and use it by hand going parallel to the water line

I agree. You'll cringe every time one of your fishing buddies bounces a sinker off the hull. Stick with a light color and it lessens the pain. Although the scratch is still there, its less visible. As for not having to wax, its my opinion that protecting the paint with help it to last and shine bright much longer.

Back