Grady vs Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

Reaction score
On the west coast Grady's have a big following
I currently own a 228 Grady & her & I battled some snarly shiz
But ask the average Canuck about a Parker & their heads tilt slightly and they said WHAT???
I hope 2 change that opinion cuz as far as I know wen I own a PARKER I'll B the first in western Canada

But just 4 the record what is the better offshore seaworthy boat in your views
Thanx
C

gradys have a big following because of the dealer network. Even down here in Florida it wasnt until a few years ago that you started to see them more. Gradys are more bells and whistles and a little fancier. Sea worthy wise they are both good. Just have to decide what layout you want.

I love my Parker. However, I would say that Grady's ride a little better especially into a head on sea. The grady's new and old have really figured out how to utilize every inch of space as well. But, they are almost twice the money...

I love my Parker but the Grady is probably a better riding boat in most seas. But if I was spending the money that a Grady cost new I would not buy a Grady. There is allot of boats with more bang for your dollar especially if you do not plan on tailoring it.

I tell people that a Grady is a cruising boat that fishes, and a Parker is a fishing boat that cruises.
They are both good, it's just that their focus is in a different place.

FWIW - My BIL owns a 228 Grady Seafarer and he likes the cockpit room of my boat as well as the protection of the pilothouse.
He likes his Grady just fine, but he likes my Parker better (and will admit it). :)

I had a Grady before my Parker and the one thing I have noticed a difference is the quality of the hardware. My Grady was a 1995 and the hardware had no rust. My Parker is a 2005 and I am already seeing signs of rust on some of the hardware

That being said, I have a friend with a 208 Grady WA and I have the 2120 SC Parker. He likes the layout of the cabin better on mine. We use his for trolling in the summer and mine for the winter. I don't notice a great difference on ride.

Luv2fish":1kikxgfm said:
We use his for trolling in the summer and mine for the winter

That is one of the reasons why I an so fixated in the Parker pilothouse models
If you can fish in the winter, you can fish all rear round & B comfortable & protected inside.
C

FWIW (Probably very little)
If you want a Grady White, then buy a Grady White. If you want a Parker, then buy a Parker. That's why there are so many different choices available out there in the hinterlands. I have had many different brands of boats over the years........from a 12 ft cypress boat 45 yrs ago, to Carolina Skiffs, Sailfish....and other brands and types in between. Parker is the best designed, best quality boat for the money that I, personally know of. That's why I'm a member of this PARKER forum. I'm not the brightest light in the room, but I have pretty good batteries. There are other forums to research the gamut of boats available to the young and restless. I see some folks on here who complain about their Parkers at the drop of a hat, and that's their prerogative; but I don't suffer whining very well; I'm old and crotchety, and have paid my dues, so feel that I can comment.....If there's something torn up or wrong with your boat, then fix it. There's always something wrong with a boat. Just take care of it and go fishing when you can..........I'm through now...........Good fishing!

Latest posts

Back