Great Lakes Boaters?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjn

Reaction score
Anyone using there Parker on the Great Lakes? I currently fish Lake Ontario for salmon and am deadlocked between the 2310 and 2320. I trailer quite a bit so I don't want to go beyond a width of 8'6". Currently have an 18 ft Lund Pro V. Anyone with pictures of their boat set up with downriggers,etc? Thanks.

Others will chime in on pics of their boat setup, and in addition seek out forum member Kingfish, who runs a 2520 in your neck of the woods. Welcome aboard!

If you are bored and don't want to wait, just go to the projects section, and you can browse through the posts that interests you, many of which show setups.

With the cold water of the Great Lakes and the Spring and Fall temps, I'd recommend the 2320. Although I fish the 2510 into mid-Dec, the temps always seem to be in the high 30s or low 40s in the Norfolk, VA area. The vinyl curtains on the WA model work well in those temps.

I have the same hull (cc model). Penn downriggers with the 4' booms fit perfectly in the back rod holders. The "notches" in the transom corners makes it easy to "lock yourself in" while working the downriggers.

Don't know about salmon. If you have to chase them around the boat, the w/a Parker has molded steps to help you up and around the cabin.

Back